Discussion topic: emails regarding return of equipment and leaving subscription early.

This message was authored by sugarbeetroot This message was authored by: sugarbeetroot

emails regarding return of equipment and leaving subscription early.

Hello,  I cancelled my Sky Q subscription with 5th May 2023 being the day of switch of.  I had called someone at Sky and everything was okay, there would be a small charge for the few days after my last bill until the switch off day.  I was told everything was fine and okay.  Now I am getting emails saying I am being charged for leaving the Sky Signature subscription early.  Are these emails genuine?

After cancelling, I received the boxes to send back my equipment, which was done on 15th May 2023, and according to the Royal Mail tracking  the equipment was delivered on the 17th May 2023, but now I am getting emails telling me to return the equipment or be charged.  Also I received and email confirming that I had sent the equipment back.  Do I ignore these emails?  I cannot afford to be charged.

Finally, how to I get to speak to someone at Sky through webchat?  I find the virtual assistant to be confusing and I used to deal with things through the webchat.  Has it been replaced?

Thank you for any help and advice.

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: emails regarding return of equipment and leaving subscription early.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@sugarbeetroot  Have you retained the proof of postage (please don't post it on the forum)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@sugarbeetroot wrote:
Finally, how to I get to speak to someone at Sky 

@sugarbeetroot 

If you’ve kept your proof of posting and/or the email confirming the equipment had been received let us know in this thread and we can maybe get you some help from the Escalation Team. If you haven’t retained it any cancellation of non return fees would be at Skys discretion.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
sugarbeetroot
Topic Author
This message was authored by sugarbeetroot This message was authored by: sugarbeetroot

returns charge

Hello,  I cancelled my Sky Q, and returned the equipment in the provided box on 15/05/2023, I have proof of postage.

Since then I have been receiving emails from sky reminding me to return the equipment, and after a webchat, they asked for the tracking number and agreed that the equipment had been returned and received.

Now I have received an email telling me I am being charged £50 for not returning the Sky Q mini box.  The Sky Q mini box was returned with the Sky Q box, hdmi cables, power cables and remote controls.

I have a photograph of the equipment in the box before sealing it, and it shows all the equipment asked for in the box.  I have attached the photo below.  The contents of the box were listed on the inside of the box for whoever deals with it.

What can I do to have this charge reversed?  Sky Q return box.jpg

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: returns charge

@sugarbeetroot 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We are closing this session now as this matter has been resolved. If there is anything else in the future we can help you with, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thanks.

sugarbeetroot
Topic Author

Thank You for excalating this.  I have had an online chat with Sky and the system has been updated and the charge refunded.

Please, if you are returning equipment to Sky, or any other company, take photographs of what you have put in the box, and keep the proof of postage.  I scanned my proof of purchase, so have a digital version ready to send or email.

Thank You.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion