Discussion topic: Not guaranteed speed

This message was authored by Johnnyfay This message was authored by: Johnnyfay

Not guaranteed speed

I noticed some lag in the broadband speed. I've run several independent speed tests and they all show half download speed sky says. This is strange and all other test can't be wrong. Think I'm getting duped by sky is this not illegal.

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Not guaranteed speed

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Johnnyfay Could you please post your router stats following the link below.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717#M101...

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by JPR007 This message was authored by: JPR007

Re: Not guaranteed speed

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Johnnyfay It is not as strange as you may think...just take a look round the forum.

1) Neither tests are lying, they are just reporting different things.

The result from Sky is reporting your connection speed that it is currently achieving, up to the router, and that is the speed that any ISP goes by and sells you.

The so called "independent" checkers are merely measuring the speed on the end of your device, which can be something very different than what is actually being delivered at your address....

2) No, it is not illegal, as there are many clauses in contracts. Often the measurements are misunderstood too. In order to prove something is illegal you need evidence that rules or other such criteria are being broken....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zen Superfast (FTTC), Fritzbox 7530, Sky Q 2TB UHD v3 (x1), Sky Q Mini (x2), Alienware Area 51-M, Panasonic TX-65HZ1000B, Denon AVR-X6300H, B&W CM8 S2, B&W CM1 S2 (x2), B&W CM Centre S2, REL S3 SHO (x2), Panasonic TX-P42G30B, Monitor Audio RS6, Marantz PM7001 KI, Denon HEOS 1 HS2 (x2), B&W P7, iPad Pro 12.9" (5th Gen), iPhone 14 Pro Max, iPad Mini 6 (work)

** No - I have nothing to do with Sky **

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion