Discussion topic: Power saving mode for the puck is ridiculous

This message was authored by Ricky7 This message was authored by: Ricky7

Power saving mode for the puck is ridiculous

So I turned my sky puck on 30 mins ago and it's asking me to pick my remote up to stop it going off the thing has only been on 30mins then after doing that it asks again 20 mins later am getting fed up with this. Do you sky have any common sense?? no TV guide button and this stupid power mode settings is absolutely ridiculous no way your keeping me in contract for 18 months with this box absolutely no way

All Replies

This message was authored by sikboy31 This message was authored by: sikboy31

Re: Power saving mode for the puck is ridiculous

Absolutely sick of it too, I pay £37 a month for sky, I should be able to leave my sky TV on for as long as I choose and I pay for the electricity to.

So until Sky pay my bills, they have no right to install power saving on my Pick where there is no option to turn it off.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Odd. I've had my Puck for nigh on 3 years, and I don't recall ever seeing that prompt. Presumably I don't watch TV for long enough in one sitting for it to kick in. I imagine Sky are required to comply with regulatory requirements in relation to power saving.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@sikboy31 wrote:

Absolutely sick of it too, I pay £37 a month for sky, I should be able to leave my sky TV on for as long as I choose and I pay for the electricity to.

So until Sky pay my bills, they have no right to install power saving on my Pick where there is no option to turn it off.

It's a standardised device that Comcast use globally and therefore it has to comply with local regulations within all the markets Comcast use the product in.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion