Discussion topic: Connect Soundbox to Stream

This message was authored by trick110 This message was authored by: trick110

Connect Soundbox to Stream

Hi there.  I have just switched from Sky Q to Sky Stream and want to connect a Sky Soubdbox to it, with a Samsung TV.

Everything is connected correctly with the HDMI connected to the Arc port  in the TV (with HDMI-CEC enabled).

The sky remote is set up so it controls the tv and the soundbox and the tv remote will also control the sky stream (but not the soundbox).

when I turn the sky stream on with the sky remote, the tv automatically switches on but not the soundbox.  I have to use the soundbox remote separately for some reason.  Didn't have this with sky Q.

Any ideas?

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Connect Soundbox to Stream

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@trick110 unfortunately Sky has discontinued the Sky Soundbox so unless you can programme the remote to control the unit you are stuck. Go to settings and down to connected devices, the remote, then to the option to control speakers enter Sky as the manufacturer and hopefully it should work.

By the by you dont need to connect the Puck/Soundbox to the ARC HDMI on the TV as the soundbox doesnt support ARC which was a major over sight in its design.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by AshT9 This message was authored by: AshT9

Re: Connect Soundbox to Stream

I am having this exact same issue. 

Just switched from Q to Stream. 

Exact same set up with a Samsung TV.

Sky remote turn on TV & Puck but Soundbox stays in standby...

Did you find a solution? @trick110 

I dont think my OCD would tolerate having to manually press the ON button on the Soundbox every time I turn the TV on 😞

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion