Discussion topic: Cannot start new Sky Stream Puck

This message was authored by LJHeath This message was authored by: LJHeath

Cannot start new Sky Stream Puck

hello, 

we got sent a replacement puck after our first one was broken. We were told on the phone that all the pucks have sat in the warehouse and needed to be reset and rebooted before they'll work or they will not download the first update. So I did that straight away to our new puck and now I'm stuck. 

to connect any device we need a MAC address first but it's hidden in the device which you can only access once it's working but now I'm stuck in reboot mode and it keeps endless slu trying to do the first update. I can't even pick a network, not that it would work. I've looked everywhere and I cannot find the MAC address on anything else. I just did what the phone support suggested the first time, that they all needed this for them to work. I don't want to have to do another exchange again 😞 

does anyone know how to get it out of reboot mode or where the max address could be? Will support have my devices max address? 

thanks 

All Replies

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Re: Cannot start new Sky Stream Puck

Posted by a Sky employee
This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @LJHeath 

The only way round it is either switch off your networks MAC requirement or very temporarily switch on the WiFi hotspot on your mobile and make the Stream connect to so it updates and lets you into the system details. 

If you do the temporary hotspot method make sure the Ethernet is removed, switch off at wall and then turn it back on and wait a min.

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps
LJHeath
Topic Author
This message was authored by LJHeath This message was authored by: LJHeath

thank you for your reply, sadly we have no access to the hud or anything like that. I tried hotspotinf off of two different phones and it does not work. If it did it would fix it but I didn't not know it would not connect to my hotspot. 

Is hotspot meant to work? 

Thanks 

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @LJHeath 

Yes the hotspot should work. If you switch off the stream at the wall and then back on again, wait a min then press the power / home button you should see the network screen appear which will let you select WiFi. 

If you aren't getting the network connection appear on screen then best advice is contact Sky. 

Make sure the hotspot on your mobile is using a password and WPA2  

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion