Discussion topic: Channel 4 App: Error code 4100 or 4200

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Re: My sky tv isn’t working and has a code 4200 DRM failed

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Toniteague 

An invite was sent but there was no response within 48 hours so it has automatically closed.

If you still need help with this please let us know by posting on the forum again and we will get it escalated through to us.

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Dave94 This message was authored by: Dave94

We've had 5 days of disrupted service, what does 4200-DRM-FAILED mean?

We've had 5 days of disrupted service, we've rebooted the TV and WiFi hub numerous times and yet again it's happened tonight with the message with a code in 4200-DRM-FAILED.

Customer service shuts at 9pm, which is unbelievable. We're paying for a service that is useless, any suggestions. All cabling is secure as Google suggested it could be loose 

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Re: We've had 5 days of disrupted service, what does 4200-DRM-FAILED mean?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Dave94 

Which internet provider are you with ? Are you using any network switches?

can you try connecting via WiFi 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. Gibson les paul tribute. Gibson les paul junior. Fender telecaster. Epiphone billie joe .. rock on
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Dave94 that error message has been reported in the past with the All4 app which was apparently caused by a configuration error by the broadcaster. DRM = Digital Rights Management aka content protection.

You can raise this with Sky's viewer services telling them the app/channel and programme that gave the error by emailing viewerR@sky.uk 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

@Dave94No promises but Sky customer services are very good. I would recommend that you put in a complaint can be done on phone or email, they will look at your case and may offer you a gesture of goodwill. The underlying issue sounds that you may not have good enough WiFi either quality or speed of delivery 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by Carolynoco This message was authored by: Carolynoco

I have an error message on my new Sky Glass TV. 4100-RENDER-FAILED

IMG_6566.jpeg

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: I have an error message on my new Sky Glass TV. 4100-RENDER-FAILED

@Carolynoco I'm assuming this only happens on the Ch4 app as I frequently get the same message and also the DRM failure error message.

Ch4 are aware of the problem and are working on a resolution. There is nothing you can do to stop it happening but when it does I simply open another app for a few seconds and then return to Ch4.

In general the Ch4 App is dreadful.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Carolynoco This message was authored by: Carolynoco

Many thanks 

This message was authored by QX1 This message was authored by: QX1

I agree. The C4 streaming is very flaky when mixed with the Sky puck. I don't have Sky Glass, so cannot comment on that.

However, I rarely get a DRM error when streaming C4 through my Firestick, so I suspect the issue lies with handshaking between C4 and Sky. It would be good for them both to look at it, as C4 may not be getting the full picture (no pun intended) on their own.

This message was authored by Heinz57 This message was authored by: Heinz57

Re: Channel 4 App: Error code 4100 or 4200

I've also been having problems with the 4+ app with it freezing and crashing with the 'oops this is embarassing DRM 4200' message. I have had no problems with the app on my firestick and noticed that on one of the programmes, where ads have to be shown due to contractual reasons, there was an advert at the point the app on the Sky puck crashed.

I have SKY ad skipping and have also paid to skip the ads on 4+ and this seems to be causing the error. I set up a new account with 4+ and did not pay the extra for ad skipping and have had no problems since and when the ads start I'm able to fastforward through them using Sky ad skipping. If I revert back to the account, where I have paid 4+ to skip the ads ,then the app crashes or freezes at the points the adverts would appear. 

I don't think this is a Sky problem and I have contacted 4+ asking for their comments and requesting a refund for ad skipping but, as yet, I have had no reply.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Heinz57 The DRM error is very annoying.  I find it happens most often when doing a RW or FF command.  I have not found any way to stop it happening but when it does I simply open another app for a few seconds and then return to Ch4.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Heinz57 This message was authored by: Heinz57

I also had same problem when trying to rw or ff but even that has stopped using an account with no 4+ ad skipping. If you are paying for 4+ ad skipping I'd recommend trying setting up a new account, without ad skipping, and see if it works. If you're not paying for 4+ ad skipping it might still be worth setting up a different account and trying with that. 😊

This message was authored by QX1 This message was authored by: QX1

I don't have 4+ ad skipping, so that isn't the cause of the issue I am experiencing.

I have paid for ad skipping on Sky itself, however.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion