Discussion topic: Stream puck randomly resets (video included)

This message was authored by JDB.123 This message was authored by: JDB.123

Stream puck randomly resets (video included)

Hi All, My stream puck will randomly crash when watching sky sports UHD content or when pressing home after watching it for a while. I have managed to catch this on video.

I am out of ideas at this point. On the phone sky said it was a software issue but this seems fairly isolated. This is happening on both my pucks. Doesn't seem to happen when on my 1080p tv, only my 4k neo qled in the living room.

Any help/suggestions would be welcome. Thank you.

All Replies

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

Re: Stream puck randomly resets (video included)

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @JDB.123 

If Sky have advised it is a software issue then unfortunately you'll need to wait for it to be resolved. 

It's also easier for us to keep track if you stick to posting it in one thread instead of posting it on other unrelated threads.

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps
This message was authored by Fluffy+Jack This message was authored by: Fluffy+Jack

could it be the hdmi cable? it might be worth buying a better one, I had similar with my pc monitor (kept gond blank on high usage applications like games) and the sky stream would not accept uhd settings as "the cable is not reporting correctly" despite it being the hdmi that came with the box, try investing in a better one and see, CEX often have a number of really good quality hdmi cables that are cheaper than other suppliers, and a lot better than the cheapest ones sky could find to shove in the box with your puck. since spending the money and swapping all the hdmi cables i have not had any problems

JDB.123
Topic Author
This message was authored by JDB.123 This message was authored by: JDB.123

@Fluffy+Jack wrote:

could it be the hdmi cable? it might be worth buying a better one, I had similar with my pc monitor (kept gond blank on high usage applications like games) and the sky stream would not accept uhd settings as "the cable is not reporting correctly" despite it being the hdmi that came with the box, try investing in a better one and see, CEX often have a number of really good quality hdmi cables that are cheaper than other suppliers, and a lot better than the cheapest ones sky could find to shove in the box with your puck. since spending the money and swapping all the hdmi cables i have not had any problems

The HDMI is the same one that was connected to my Sky Q box (before the trees decided to block my signal and I needed to go with stream) and played UHD HDR content perfectly. I have never had an issue with 4k HDR on netflix, disney plus or amazon prime so I very much doubt it is my HDMI cable. I appreciate the suggestion though.

This message was authored by Arg81 This message was authored by: Arg81

I'm having similar issues and am going to call Sky this week to see what can be done. I'm pretty sure it's not a power saving feature!

I'm now on 2nd puck, first one wouldn't update correctly so every time it came on it went off.

this one has updated to E OS 1.2 and the latest build, but every now and then whilst watching either Sky programmes or something in an app (Netflix, iPlayer) then it crashes out and restarts. It's a 50-50 whether on coming back on that we can carry on watching or have to turn it off for 20 mins at the wall to try again.

as I typed this it happened. Got back to the UI screen and crashed again.

im going to hide the puck until Sky confirm, admit and fix the issues. It's definitely not a "user" issue. I think Sky Go on the xBox to at least get to watch the Sky programmes. Everything else is built into the TV anyway... annoyingly I just really like the Sky UI and bringing it all together

This message was authored by Arg81 This message was authored by: Arg81

Seems I can't use the Xbox as that needs a different Sky license!

This can't just be one or two affected? Seen other various posts but they suggest the latest build fixes a lot of these issues

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion