Discussion topic: Sky Hub: Impossible to log into the admin page.

This message was authored by NLavell This message was authored by: NLavell

Sky Hub: Impossible to log into the admin page.

I hope someone can help.  If you have the time to read the below, I 'd really appreciate it! I have spend many a frustrating hour trying to log into my Sky Broadband Router.  (Hub)  192.168.0.1

I have read through a multitude of posts and as a result, performed the following:

Used “admin” as the username and “sky” as the password

Used “admin” as the username and “password” as the password

Used “admin” as the username and the Wi-fi password on the back of my router as the password

I have reset the router, holding in the button for ten, twenty, thirty, and sixty seconds

I have tried the following browsers: Safari, Chrome (normal and ingognito), Firefox, Waterfox, Opera, and Edge

Switched off “Limit IP Address Tracking

Disabled the “Broadband Shield

I have tried the above (where applicable) on the following devices: iPhone, iMac, MacBook Pro, Windows PC, Windows Laptop

Any other thoughts?!   Many thanks.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Sky Hub: Impossible to log into the admin page.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@NLavell which of the 4 hubs here https://www.sky.com/help/articles/set-up-hub-which-sky-hub-do-you-have do you have?

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
NLavell
Topic Author

IMG_7580.jpeg

@NLavell ok the log in to access the web interface is username admin and password matches the wifi pass code printed on the label. Changing the wifi password does not change the admin account password which is a separate field. If someone has changed the setting a reset - pres and hold the reset pin until the power light flashes - returns the hub to its defaults. 

I have had three of this model and can confirm the above works note both the username and password must be entered as is ie no " and they are case sensitive . Some passcodes contain the number 1 which is easily confused with the letter l. Zeros and Os can similar confuse. Use a windows machine as ios is flaky.

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
NLavell
Topic Author

@ChriseeThank you, I have tried all of your suggestions many times, and still not working.

@NLavell I can only repeat thise instructions work on every Sky hub so sorry you are doing something wrong somewhere. Check you are not adding spaces or punctuation and type it exactly as shown.

NLavell
Topic Author

@Chrissee   thank you.  I can confirm I am doing everything correctly.  I should imagine the Hub must be faulty.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion