Discussion topic: My account is restricted since 6 days

This message was authored by awais96 This message was authored by: awais96

My account is restricted since 6 days

Hi There, I have Sky Stream in my house. For the first time ever I was late paying bill. Fare enough, got account restricted. Straight away cleared all the dues. Since clearing the dues, its been 6 days my account is not re-ensated. I have rang Sky customer service like 15 times! They reply, we have cut a ticket, etc.. They are working on my account. Now its the 6th day with no Sky service, after clearing the bill! This is really shameful, and unacceptable and unexpected from Sky Ireland. So disappointing. 

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: My account is restricted since 6 days

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@awais96 wrote:

Hi There, I have Sky Stream in my house. For the first time ever I was late paying bill. Fare enough, got account restricted. Straight away cleared all the dues. Since clearing the dues, its been 6 days my account is not re-ensated. I have rang Sky customer service like 15 times! They reply, we have cut a ticket, etc.. They are working on my account. Now its the 6th day with no Sky service, after clearing the bill! This is really shameful, and unacceptable and unexpected from Sky Ireland. So disappointing. 

Did you also setup a new continuous payment method on your account as outlined here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/missed-payments-sky-glass

Also worth chkecing out the section under "viewing not restored not reinstatment" which include further steps you may need to perform

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

So to be clear you are saying your service is still restricted, if so after paying the bill have you now setup or set it up again your payment method like a credit/debit card or a direct debit as this does need to be done if you are yet to do so.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@awais96  Have you also setup a new continuous payment method such as a direct debit as that also needs doing before restrictions are lifted 

also if you were more than two weeks late in paying sky will want next months payment as well before lifting restrictions 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
awais96
Topic Author
This message was authored by awais96 This message was authored by: awais96

Hi Mark, Yes I did setup a new payment method, twice! Sky customer service operator did it with me twice. And he also said, that he is unable to re-enstate the account. You have cleared the bill, new payment method setup, but still for some reason I cannot re-enstate. 
I am so disappointed in the Sky service. I actually want to cancel it after this experience. Still now I have no service of Sky. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

How late were you in paying this bill, I take it that it wasn't 2 weeks or more, if so I would register a complaint:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint-roi

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion