Discussion topic: sky go

This message was authored by robbarth This message was authored by: robbarth

sky go

Sky Go has stopped working on my ipad mini. It used to work fine thenstopped, stating I needed to update the software to iOS 12. It states my software is upto date (but is only iOS9....)

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: sky go

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sadly the software on your iPad it to old to run the Sky Go app so apart from purchasing a new one to get it working there is nothing you can do.

If sports are you thing you can view the Sky Sports channels via the Sky Soirts app which should work,

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@robbarth wrote:

It states my software is upto date (but is only iOS9....)

I think that suggests it's a 1st Gen iPad Mini* which means it's a decade old.  That's a pretty good innings ; )

*the 2nd Gen can go up to iOS12

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
robbarth
Topic Author
This message was authored by robbarth This message was authored by: robbarth

It is circa 10 yrs old but still does everything I need (except Sky Go!!) and looks brand new!!!

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@robbarth 

Apple themselves maintain software support three versions back (although typically rather longer for hardware):  iOS 16 was released this year, so iOS 9 is really rather antique.  Eventually software developers have to decide where to draw a line, and this is particularly true when security and content rights management are involved.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion