Discussion topic: Sky Go App not working Mac

This message was authored by abi1 This message was authored by: abi1

Re: Sky Go App not working Mac

This just worked for me.

uninstall all the sky go files and send to trash

Go to finder and then click on Go. Choose 'go to folder'. Choose the option it comes up with. This takes you to application support. Sky go was there in a blue file, delete that. Then I cleared my cookies on safari. I then reinstalled sky go back on my laptop and it's working 

This message was authored by thomastoad This message was authored by: thomastoad

This doesn't work....

Aky Go hasn;t been working on Mac for 6 weeks now. What's going in? Sky CS is the absolute worst.....

This message was authored by thomastoad This message was authored by: thomastoad

Hi There.

It is now April 2024 and this issue still remains.

You have been kind enough to escalate this on anoother thead, but the 'Sky Expert' never has a bubble on the chat saying they are availble.

Why is Sky Go not working on Mac OS? I am nmow away from home and The Masters is on and I am unable to watch it.

This is beyond frutstrating. Still no word from anyone at Sky and still no fix to this issue.

This message was authored by wevverss This message was authored by: wevverss

in 2024 there is absolutely no reason users should be expected to delete application support files or reboot their computer. This application doesn't work because Sky don't want you to use it. Had they wanted you to use it it would authenticate and update without any trouble. Mac OSs are in beta for months before release, which gives app devs plenty of time to adjust to the slightly different, and very well documented API changes.

As frustrating as it is, your best bet is to watch the match on the TV, go to the pub to watch it there or cancel Sky in disgust and give up football.

This message was authored by Lucaa This message was authored by: Lucaa

I had the same issue on my Macbook Air M2 and i fixed today.

The problem in my case was AdGuard blocking the dns requests that Sky Go app makes.

I had to whitelist in AdGuard these two domains in the dns filter:

sky.com

h.online-metrix.net

If you have an Ad blocker (NOT the ad blocker extension  in your browser like uBlock) installed in your laptop, try disabling it and check if the Sky go app works. If it does, check if you can whitelist dns domains in the filter.

Another way to know if there is any filtering in place is opening System settining, click Network and open VPN and Filters. At the bottom Filters and proxies, you may have a filter and you didn't know. Disable it there or find the app and whitelist the domains above.

Hope this helps. 

This message was authored by Lucaa This message was authored by: Lucaa

I posted how i fix it, have a look at my post.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion