Discussion topic: Sky Go App not working Mac

This message was authored by IAmJustKev This message was authored by: IAmJustKev

Sky Go App not working Mac

I have transfered from an older mac to a new one. The app worked fine on the old mac but the new one gives me this error message before I can even log in: "There is a problem with your network connection. Please check your network settings and try again." 

I have typed this into the error message box on the sky help website and it won't show me anything for it.

I have tried the virtual assistant with no help... I just send me to the screen that tells me to do the below:

Uninstall the app  

1. Launch the Finder, go to the Downloads folder and delete ‘SkyGoInstaller.’  

2. In Finder, go to the Applications folder and delete Sky Go app  

Remove Sky Go files  

1. In the Finder select Go to folder ... from the Go menu (or press c).  

2. A dialog box should appear. Now copy and paste the following text into the box and press the return key: ~/Library/Application Support/  

3. Select the Sky Go folder and delete it  

4. Empty Recycling Bin  

5. Reboot the Mac

Download and reinstall Sky Go

Please help since Sky won't.

- Kev

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky Go App not working Mac

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Have you rebooted your broadband router ?

Could anything that is installed on the Mac be blocking it ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
IAmJustKev
Topic Author
This message was authored by IAmJustKev This message was authored by: IAmJustKev

I have tried restarting the router. I have enabled apps in the settings as well. Not sure what else would block it. 

This message was authored by DarcyKB This message was authored by: DarcyKB

Sky go on Mac book not loading

when opening sky go on mac book pro says checking for updates and then goes to the blue screen and doesnt load. 

This message was authored by trebor53c This message was authored by: trebor53c

Re: Sky go on Mac book not loading

Yeah I have a Macbook Air M1 and this seems to happen pretty often! Your going to have to delete the Sky Go app, clear the cache, and then re-unstall the app. Sometimes you might have to do this several times to get it to work. I can only assume that its Sky's old software app not being happy with the lattest MacOS update. 

This message was authored by thomastoad This message was authored by: thomastoad

the cacheRe: Sky go on Mac book not loading

How do you clear the cache? This is happening to me too (MacBook Pro on Sonoma 14.3.1) and I've deleyted and reinstalled SkyGo several times. 

Infuriating when the Cup Final is on!!!

This message was authored by thomastoad This message was authored by: thomastoad

This fix doesn't work for me either. 

Sky Support is always the worst experience. Considering how much we pay them each month it's pretty pathetic.

For me I think it's because the Mc OS has just updated (Now on Sonoma 14.3.1) and Sky has flipped out, but it's kind of ridiculous they're not on top of this. 

Come on @Sky I've missed a whole weekend of sport including the Cup Final! What amd I paying you for?! 

This message was authored by SWard1 This message was authored by: SWard1

I cannot watch any live tv on the sky go app. I just get the loading wheel constantly. When clicking on the tv guide i get the message - no channels available. 

I have done all of the steps above, removed the download and redownloaded. Nothing works. Please help with a solution as to why it has suddenly stopped working in the last 2 weeks. 

Thanks

This message was authored by jdawes This message was authored by: jdawes

Have the exact same issue.

Im not sure how to clear the cache other than clicking on the develop menu along the top of Safari (has to be turned on  within safari settings in order to use it) then click empty cache.

Done this a few times now, and apart from staying on the screen longer after checking updates, it still fails to load.

Still not working for me. Has been 2 weeks now. 

Again - Sky customer service and support is the absolute worst.

Sky are just hopeless. 2 weeks I'vce been out of action too. Can we get any help? Nope. 

They rely on the community to help each other. They do not help. 

The app needs updating as Mc OS has updated. 2 weeks. Nothing. Hopeless. 

This message was authored by Threefold1891 This message was authored by: Threefold1891

Just for the record., I'm having very similar issues. Zero help and the so-called fix no longer seems to work. Awful application support.

This message was authored by Stevo294 This message was authored by: Stevo294

Having same issue

This message was authored by Stevo294 This message was authored by: Stevo294

*Having the same issue. Any solutions yet for anyone? Have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times. Thank you

IAmJustKev
Topic Author

No solution at all. Also, Sky has the worst customer service. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion