Discussion topic: Router / Internet drop outs, quite often

This message was authored by AJOK This message was authored by: AJOK

Router / Internet drop outs, quite often

Hi all,

I have been issues with the internet at home.

I have a Sr203 router. 
Myself and wife who often work at home connect via ethernet on laptops, most other devices are wifi.

On occasion and randomly the internet will drop, that is both wifi and cabled.

When i look at the router, the lights have gone back to sequence as if it is rebooting.

I cant find a pattern, but has literally happened 10 mins ago and prompted my post.

It can happen at least once a week upto daily, sometimes three times on the same day

I have no idea what to look at in the router settings to understand the issue.

Any thoughts?

Recent Activity Log attached as image

Capture.JPG

Best Answers
This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3 Answer

Re: Router / Internet drop outs, quite often

@AJOK 

The third log just posted by you confirms and all the logs show that the Sky router is rebooting intermittently indicating a likely power supply or router fault, and you will need a replacement router from Sky to fix the fault.

-------

Zen internet on FTTP (900Mbps down, 100Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@AJOK 

From the log, it looks like the Sky router is rebooting intermittently. Best to contact Sky for a replacement Sky Hub as the one you have seems to have an intermittent fault of rebooting.

-------

Zen internet on FTTP (900Mbps down, 100Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
AJOK
Topic Author

Thank you for the reply

Happened again this morning aprox 8.30am

I'll see if i can get hold of skyCapture2.JPG

AJOK
Topic Author

and again

Capture3.JPG

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3 Answer

@AJOK 

The third log just posted by you confirms and all the logs show that the Sky router is rebooting intermittently indicating a likely power supply or router fault, and you will need a replacement router from Sky to fix the fault.

-------

AJOK
Topic Author

Thanks Mae-3

I have just got off the call with sky.

All very pleasant and with no issue a new one has been ordered for delivery 🙂

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion