Discussion topic: My new kindle paper white will not find my wifi. The kindle will access wifi at someone else’s house

This message was authored by Hirogen This message was authored by: Hirogen

My new kindle paper white will not find my wifi. The kindle will access wifi at someone else’s house

My new kindle paper white does not access my wifi it doesn't find my neighbours either( they also have sky) . It will access wifi at other houses that are not on sky . This is my second kindle as I thought the first was faulty but it must be a sky issue.

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: My new kindle paper white will not find my wifi. The kindle will access wifi at someone else’s h

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Hirogen 

This would seem relevant:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/Kindle-not-connecting-to-WIFI/m-p/4005819 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: My new kindle paper white will not find my wifi. The kindle will access wifi at someone else’s h

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Hirogen I have several Kindle's including a Paperwhite which link to my dualband Sky hub without issue so there is no need to separate the bands as that thread advises.

Kindles like most Amazon kit can be a pain to network. Where one fails to connect the trick I have used is to tell the unit to forget the connection then restart the unit by pressing and holding the power button in for 40 seconds until the unit shuts down then pressing it again. I find after doing that if I enter the passcode exactly as given the unit connects. If absolutely stuck a factory reset is required but my 4 or 5 units (we travel and read a lot) have fortunately never needed that as you lose the books stored on the unit.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion