Discussion topic: Can't watch the Champions League final on Discovery+ app

This message was authored by John297 This message was authored by: John297

Can't watch the Champions League final on Discovery+ app

It won't let me watch the champions league on the discover plus app on sky it says it's free but then tells me to get a subscription 

Moderator note: subject of thread updated to better reflect the conversation

All Replies

This message was authored by Piker20 This message was authored by: Piker20

Discovery plus not showing final for free

So discovery plus claim you can watch the final today free on their platform but it just keeps directing me to tnt subscription for £30 .  Anyone else able to watch the footage? Meant to have started at 18:00

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Can you watch the champions league final on discovery plus app

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@John297 wrote:

It won't let me watch the champions league on the discover plus app on sky it says it's free but then tells me to get a subscription 

Hi @John297 

Looks like you need Discovery Plus premium to watch it on Sky according to Google.

"Here are the options for how to watch the UEFA Champions League final. If you: have TNT Sports via discovery+ Premium, EE, Sky or Virgin Media TV, with the best viewing experience, you will be able to enjoy all of the action and build-up programming on TNT Sports 1 or TNT Sports Ultimate"

If you subscribe to TNT Sport through Sky (and pay Sky for your Subscription) then you can watch on Mini boxes (provided you have the necessary Monthly Multiscreen subscription). Also subscribing through Sky TNT Sport in HD is included and Discovery plus is upgraded to premium.
If you pay BT directly for TNT Sports on Sky then to receive TNT Sport on Minis you need to pay BT’s monthly second box charge. One monthly charge covers all minis. Also to receive TNT Sport in HD there is an additional BT monthly charge when subscribing though BT.

Tnt make it very clear it's free for all UK users on Sky EE or vodaphone no cost involved.  But it won't work

• have access to discovery+ standard or basic account with EE TV, Sky, Prime Video, you can login or, if you haven’t already, activate your discovery+ account to enjoy all three finals for no extra cost
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

When opening Discovery +, make sure you are selecting the correct feed. There appears to be 2 feeds of the champions league final, one is the free feed which has a blue FREE badge on it, the other feed appears to be the UHD feed which isn't tagged as being free as per the screenshot

MarkGoldsmith_0-1717264150250.png

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

@Piker20 wrote:

Tnt make it very clear it's free for all UK users on Sky EE or vodaphone no cost involved.

Hi @Piker20   Where is your reference for that statement (link).

This message was authored by Otterman This message was authored by: Otterman

I can't watch it through SkyQ and Discovery Plus. There was no option to sign in through Sky. Downloaded Discovery Plus on my tablet and registered - I can now watch it on my tablet for free, but again when trying through SkyQ and then logging into Discovery Plus it says I need to register / sign up up to TNT! Tried getting help from Discovery Plus as per their instructions, and they say they can't help and contact Sky. Contacting Sky virtual assistant is like talking to a brick wall.
Stuck in the 70s / 80s

have access to discovery+ standard or basic account with EE TV, Sky, Prime Video, you can login or, if you haven’t already, activate your discovery+ account to enjoy all three finals for no extra cost

This message was authored by TrickyDawn This message was authored by: TrickyDawn

certainly not free if I follow the "free" version on Sky Q - says I need TNT subscription so unless game is free when it starts very misleading.

Although I can goto discovery plus website and watch it!!

This message was authored by Garylinekar This message was authored by: Garylinekar

That does not work!

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@TrickyDawn wrote:

certainly not free if I follow the "free" version on Sky Q - says I need TNT subscription so unless game is free when it starts very misleading.

Although I can goto discovery plus website and watch it!!

Have you oreviously activated/linked toue discovery + and sky accounts.

As far as im aware and from my experience the process wasnt instanteous. As D+ is included with a Sky susbcription there is a backend linking process that kicks in.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

@Piker20 wrote:

Tnt make it very clear it's free for all UK users on Sky EE or vodaphone no cost involved.  But it won't work

Working for me not watching via the Sky Q box though just tried it on my phone using the login details for my Discovery+ account set up via Sky Market place.

Screenshot_20240601-185448_discovery+.jpg

Screenshot_20240601-185739_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240601-185720_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240601-185759_Chrome.jpg

I also have Discovery+ via BT/TNT Sports 

This message was authored by Garylinekar This message was authored by: Garylinekar

I tried to stream via my phone onto my TV but that didn't work!

This message was authored by Gogi This message was authored by: Gogi

Re: when I try and log into Discovery +

I want Discovery through Sky.   Game will be over by the time I loose the will to live.   Email or password not recognised, so I logged into SKY on desktop,  Guess what?   it is OKAY!   Now you are giving me a faceless runaround too!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion