Discussion topic: Remote

This message was authored by Vicky2205 This message was authored by: Vicky2205

Remote

Hi when I try to use my sky stream control it just come up with a bar in the bottom left that says search , show movies . Anyone know how to fix it ?

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Remote

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Vicky2205  Try clearing and then pairing the remote again as follows:

1. Press 7 and 9 together on your Sky remote for 10 seconds (This resets/clears the remote)
  2. Press 4 and 6 together for 10 seconds.
  3. Press 1 and 3 together for 10 seconds and follow any on-screen instructions.

If that doesn't help run suggestions in the links below:

Troubleshooting guide

Remote help

You could also try holding the remote at both ends and giving it a gentle twist as though you were wringing out a cloth.  Even though it sounds an unlikely solution it has got many faulty remotes working again (including mine).

If none of the above help then I would request a replacement.  You can do this by calling the Customer Service team or alternatively there is a request form at the following link: Streaming TV replacement remote (it will make you sign into your My Sky app)

If you have one available you can use a Sky Q remote while you wait for a replacment.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by M3rk This message was authored by: M3rk

Re: Remote

@Vicky2205  Sounds like you have the issue a few of us have had recently, the normal fixes wont work youll need to order a new remote. Apparently a software update hasnt taken well to some remotes.

if you call CC note you have the issue where the remote is not controlling the stream box properly, bringing up random menus, they should just replace without fuss.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion