Discussion topic: Amazon Prime blank screen but sound

This message was authored by Matthew+Dunfermli This message was authored by: Matthew+Dunfermli

Re: Amazon Prime blank screen but sound

Hi , thanks this was really, incredibly, helpful, but how do we know this is still ongoing. Do we just check when the last edited date was or , if u find were supposed to do something, how are we going to know to go looking for the answer? Will you update this post as this has been going on for months now.
This message was authored by Busanda This message was authored by: Busanda

Well it's now the 26th August and prime still a black screen 🤷‍♀️

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Matthew+Dunfermli I'm not sure which specific post you are referring to but the fix, when it comes, will be incorporated in an update so there won't be anything for you to do.  Having said that I always reboot my system as soon as I spot it has been updated.

I am aware that Sky and Amazon are working together to find a solution 🤞

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Matthew+Dunfermli This message was authored by: Matthew+Dunfermli

Hi, thanks. It's the post that is marked as answered yet it just says they've done that so we know it's bein investigated but I'm then seeing other comments that mention dates so im really confused if I'm supposed to read the comments or not as the 'answered' post from the sky employee is generic. The tips all day switch off, reset, etc, so thanks @Fothergill1 @for confirming it will be in a software update. �

This message was authored by LMN1 This message was authored by: LMN1

I have exactly the same issue, sound but just a black screen in place of the picture.  Again I've tried rebooting, switching on and off, and logging in and out of the app.  I found this discussion searching the internet to see what I could do next.  

This message was authored by LMN1 This message was authored by: LMN1

Re: Having issues with Prime App on my Sky glass. Sound and menu displays but the main picture is bl

I didn't try and download Amazon Prime on my new Sky Glass tv until the 26 of August and despite trying everything suggested I have sound but no picture.  Reading the chat in this community I thought it was going to be fixed on the 21st of August?

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

Re: Having issues with Prime App on my Sky glass. Sound and menu displays but the main picture is bl

@LMN1 wrote:

I didn't try and download Amazon Prime on my new Sky Glass tv until the 26 of August and despite trying everything suggested I have sound but no picture.  Reading the chat in this community I thought it was going to be fixed on the 21st of August?

Nope. Still ongoing. 
You can't 'download' apps on Glass. They are all hosted on a server controlled by Sky. They will update the app once a fix has been found. No timescale has been given. 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@LMN1 The date of 21st August was not correct and should never have been given by the adviser.  There was an update rolling out at that time so I suspect they thought the fix was included.  I am aware that both Sky and Amazon are working to find a solution.

Whilst it must be very frustrating if you are one of the subscribers with this issue but I imagine finding a solution is not easy as the issue does not affect everyone.

@SlenderRobert I see our posts have crossed over again 🤣

This message was authored by Sammiewind This message was authored by: Sammiewind

I have given up! I now use my firestick

sky are absolutely useless at this point

This message was authored by WENDA2 This message was authored by: WENDA2

Prime is now working on my sky glass 

This message was authored by Davy58 This message was authored by: Davy58

I phoned Sky the other day about this problem and was told to use a different device to watch Prime! I mean, what answer is that? Person was clueless about it as well.

65inch Sky Glass, 2 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Superfast Broadband
This message was authored by Russ This message was authored by: Russ

Got same issue today. Sky basically sucks and still hasn’t resolved. You suck Sky!

@Russ wrote:

Got same issue today. Sky basically sucks and still hasn't resolved. You suck Sky!

@Russ This is a user forum and we are all customers like yourself.  I imagine there will be lots of customers who will agree with you but you need to tell Sky not the forum members.

The following is a link where you can make a complaint if you decide to do so 😀.

http://www.sky.com/help/complaints 

This message was authored by TerryH1982 This message was authored by: TerryH1982

I'm also having the same issue. Can't seem to get it resolved. Even by using the continue rail. 

Hope Sky sort it pretty soon. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion