Discussion topic: McAfee Premium+ VPN

This message was authored by Kevin+Regan This message was authored by: Kevin+Regan

McAfee Premium+ VPN

Recently purchased new PC and included was LiveSafe Premium+ which includes a VPN. However, when using the VPN I am "Access Denied" by Sky. The only solution is to Turn Off the VPN, which a) defeats the object of VPN and b) paying for something which prevents me accessing emails etc.

I can't be the only Sky customer experiencing this? What are the solutions? Does Sky need it's geeks to change some settings or do I complain to McAfee?

It's annoying having to Turn Off VPN in order to access my Sky emails.

Help!! 🙂

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: McAfee Premium+ VPN

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I've seen the same. Sky don't support the use of a VPN when accessing their services. 

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

@Kevin+Regan 

What's the reason to use the VPN when on your home network and are you looking to use it 100% of the time? 
Just intrigued 👍🏻

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Skull+Treaty wrote:

@Kevin+Regan 

What's the reason to use the VPN when on your home network and are you looking to use it 100% of the time?

Worth noting that McAfee themselves appear to indicate it's intended to 'stay safe on public Wi-Fi and open networks' and give the option for it to prompt for activation on untrusted connections rather than being on all the time.

McA_VPN.png

https://www.mcafee.com/support/?articleId=TS103018&page=shell&shell=article-view 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion