Discussion topic: Sky Stream spam?

This message was authored by DWFrome This message was authored by: DWFrome

Sky Stream spam?

I was a Sky satelite customer until about a year ago when I went to Freesat. Since leaving I've had a number of emails offering deals to get me back. Several were for the Sky Streaming using the puck. Several times I was offered £20 per month if I signed for the 18 month contract. 

This week I gave in and rang intending to take them up on this but the person I spoke to started at £37 per month and we ended at £23. I told him I wanted the price I had been emailed about but he said this must have been an old price that was no longer valid.

Yesterday I received another email at the £20 per month cost so I rang again. This time I was told that the email must be a scam so I read out the sky account it had come from but he claimed this was not theirs. I was advised not to click on any link but I explained there was no link just a number to call.

Sky "What is the number?"

Me "The one I'm calling you on now?"

Sky "They are very clever now looping it to our numbers"

I asked what the scam was if it only gave me the Sky customer sales number but this couldn't be answered. The only thing for sure was that I couldn't have the deal they offered me.

Am I going mad? are they going mad? Has anyone else had anything like this? Can anyone explain please?

Screenshot 2023-06-17 at 15.47.44.jpegScreenshot 2023-06-17 at 16.14.00.jpeg

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky Stream spam?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It's difficult to say for sure but from what can be seen on those images it looks like the emails might be from Sky. What do they say you have to do to get it at the quoted price, call or go online ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Davidfromfrome This message was authored by: Davidfromfrome

Phone the number that takes me through to Sky funnily enough and the person I spoke to still won't accept that it is a genuine Sky email and point blank refuses to let me proceed. The email address it originates from is a Sky email address that they will not allow me to enter on here.  I tried to return the email and it comes up with noreply at the same address.. If there was a link to click I'd understand and obviously not follow it but there isn't

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky doesn't use an email address that they can be contacted on hence you getting no where with this.

I would say time to put a complaint in but I'm not sure you can seeing as you are not a customer:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion