Discussion topic: Price increase

This message was authored by Douglas6 This message was authored by: Douglas6

Price increase

I was informed that my bill be would be £60 per month and it has been more each month.  I want to cancel if my bill exceeds £60 per month.  I cannot pay an extra £7 per month as per increase in post.  Please tell me urgently how you can keep my bill £60 or less each month

All Replies

This message was authored by martswain This message was authored by: martswain

Re: Price increase

This is mainly a customer forum with little input from Sky staff and even when they do post they cannot negotiate contracts.

You need to call Sky to resolve your issue.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Price increase

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

As per the T&Cs of the contract you agreed to Dky are allowed to make one price increase a year which in the UK is in April.

If you are a Sky broadband customer you can exit your contract penalty free within 30 days of being noticed by letter/email of the price rise. Note all providers put their prices up this time of year and there are not many providers who currently allow you to leave penalty free as a result of the price rise.

if you have Sky TV you can't leave penalty free as a result of the price rise, you can only leave penalty free if outside your minimum term contract. The other option for TV is to decide if there are any add-ons packs you don't need and can be removed e.g Sky cinema or Sky sports and use that as a way to get your price down a bit. Some of these addons may also have an 18 month minimum term so you would also need to check this out.

Either way for would need to call Sky to discuss your options.

You can call on 150 from a Sky Talk Line or Sky Mobile.

If you haven't got a current Sky Mobile or Sky Talk this link should help:
https://www.sky.com/help/home Scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0333 number. If you are in the ROI on the same link change the flag in the very bottom corner to the ROI flag to obtain an 0818 number.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion