Discussion topic: I can’t find a way to cancel my Disney Plus subscription. Can anyone help?

This message was authored by CarolineW23 This message was authored by: CarolineW23

I can’t find a way to cancel my Disney Plus subscription. Can anyone help?

How do I cancel Disney+? 

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: I can’t find a way to cancel my Disney Plus subscription. Can anyone help?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

This link explains how to do this:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-marketplace-cancel-apps

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

This link explains how to do this:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-marketplace-cancel-apps

__________________________________________________________________________________________
CarolineW23
Topic Author
This message was authored by CarolineW23 This message was authored by: CarolineW23

Thanks - that was so helpful.  Sky gave me the wrong info.

This message was authored by Marcin-UK This message was authored by: Marcin-UK

Unfortunately this article explains how to cancel App subscriptions and Disney plus is listed under Sky TV on my Sky Q. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Does this help:

For Sky Stream puck or Sky Q - Press Home on your Sky remote, then select My Sky at the bottom of the screen.
You’ll then see a screen with your purchases. Select Your products. You’ll then be asked to enter your Sky TV PIN number.

Then follow the prompts to cancel.

This message was authored by Marcin-UK This message was authored by: Marcin-UK

I followed this and Disney is listed under TV but I get no option to do anything with it. 

I do get options under app subscriptions but Disney is not there. 

I'll ring Sky tomorrow.

Thanks for trying. 

This message was authored by CRG1 This message was authored by: CRG1

I also had this problem. Did not have the options shown in the guidance (Sky Marketplace), could not do it through the virtual assistant. Finally after a lot of shouting at the telephone bot I managed to cancel.

This is utterly shambolic Sky -- you should make cancellation as easy as subscription. Cannot wait for my contract to expire!!!!!!

This message was authored by Aanubis This message was authored by: Aanubis

This information is incorrect!  Spent the better part of a day trying to cancel Disney and I'm still no further forward.  The options on Sky Q box do not allow for cancelling subscriptions.  Get the runaround trying to find a number to call online after searching help etc.  Crock, easy to add but nightmare to remove anything.

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@Aanubis wrote:

This information is incorrect!  Spent the better part of a day trying to cancel Disney and I'm still no further forward.  The options on Sky Q box do not allow for cancelling subscriptions.  Get the runaround trying to find a number to call online after searching help etc.  Crock, easy to add but nightmare to remove anything.

You are much better off subscribing to Disney+ directly rather than via Sky. You can get better deals and it's much easier to access and control your account via the Disney+ website. 

This message was authored by Aanubis This message was authored by: Aanubis

Thank you for replying @Padam_Padam .  I have finally gotten through to someone to support changes to my subscriptions but it basically took 3 days of frustration with the Sky in general, being hung up on several times by the automated service where the interaction goes similar to: 'What would you like to do?', 'Change Subscription, TV, Remove Item', 'Did you know you can do this online', 'Do you need anything else?', 'Thank you for calling, Goodbye'.  And I assume customer services since I was transferred a few times but the call was dropped without a single word being spoken, although I could hear voices in the background for a second or two.  It looks to be super easy to add items to your subscription but and absolute ballache to change or remove items.  Why on earth can this not be done via the online portal.  SKY CROCK!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion