Discussion topic: Complaint

This message was authored by WombatStu This message was authored by: WombatStu

Complaint

I've spent 2 hours with Sky today. It's been awful. I wanted to pay an early termination fee but apparently I am forced to pay for another year. I find that authoritarian and sinister. I admit I made a stroppy remark about me having to still pay if I'm dead. But it did feel that was implied.

Anyway, I've decided I never want to he treated like this again so I want to leave Sky. I will never use Sky again. Please downgrade me to the lowest package. I believe that is £15 a month. Please make sure Sky is cancelled as soon as possible. Please send me packaging so I can return equipment asap. 

You make it impossible to communicate unless you want more money. Awful people

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Complaint

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@WombatStu  You not talking to Sky via the forum, no one here and downgrade you will need to contact Sky to do that.  A public forum miosn't the right place.

You will need to call Sky or use the following link https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-tv#contact-leave

On the link provided (In the UK) it should include a Message Us option between 0900-1930.

You can also call on 150 from a Sky Mobile or Sky Talk line

If you haven't got a current Sky Mobile or Sky Talk this link should help:
(UK) https://www.sky.com/help/home Scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0333 number
(ROI) on the same link change the flag in the very bottom corner to the ROI flag to obtain an 0818 number.

Stay on the line and don’t hang up if prompted to. Apparently the quieter times to ring are just after 7am or about 9pm.

If you don't see the Contact options on the link above make sure java script is enabled on your browser.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

@WombatStu wrote:

I've spent 2 hours with Sky today. It's been awful. I wanted to pay an early termination fee but apparently I am forced to pay for another year. I find that authoritarian and sinister. I admit I made a stroppy remark about me having to still pay if I'm dead. But it did feel that was implied.

Anyway, I've decided I never want to he treated like this again so I want to leave Sky. I will never use Sky again. Please downgrade me to the lowest package. I believe that is £15 a month. Please make sure Sky is cancelled as soon as possible. Please send me packaging so I can return equipment asap. 

You make it impossible to communicate unless you want more money. Awful people

Hi @WombatStu 

See following link

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@WombatStu wrote:

I've spent 2 hours with Sky today. It's been awful. I wanted to pay an early termination fee but apparently I am forced to pay for another year. 

@WombatStu 

Unfortunately the latest T’s and C’s explicitly state you can’t cancel when still in a minimum term deal unless Sky agree. Try again and see if there will agree. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@WombatStu wrote:

I've spent 2 hours with Sky today. It's been awful. I wanted to pay an early termination fee but apparently I am forced to pay for another year

It's what you agreed to, when you signed up. Sky are entirely reasonably insisting thay you stick to the contract you agreed to.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion