Discussion topic: Account Restriction

This message was authored by Qasim0 This message was authored by: Qasim0

Account Restriction

Hi Guys! First time using this platform so I apologise if anything's unclear. 

I was with Sky Mobile two years ago, with my first ever phone contract at 18. It was a Samsung Galaxy S21. 

The device was faulty and wasn't working properly, as I was then advised by Sky to get the phone checked out from a Samsung store, where they came to the verdict that the phone was faulty and cannot be repaired. The replacement was not what I wanted at the time either, so they offered to pay a sum for the phone to be returned. 

I had also asked Samsung at the time if Sky Mobile would be notified of this, and that my contract would therefore be cancelled to which they said they would be. 

I was paid the amount, however I kept getting billed from sky. Two years on and I have a default recorded on my credit file for this contract. 

Can someone please explain how this happens? As the phone was faulty and there was no acceptable replacement either. It's quite worrying for me personally as I was 18 at the time, I am now 20 looking at mortgages etc, and the default is on my credit file. 

I would appreaciate any advice or comments in regards to this and if there is anything I can possibly do to have this removed? Or should it have been an error from my end that I can come to a resolution with sky regarding this? Such as paying off the balance remaining if Im liable? 

Any help would be much appreciated. 
- Qas 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Account Restriction

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I think this is where you went wrong:

@Qasim0 wrote:

I had also asked Samsung at the time if Sky Mobile would be notified of this, and that my contract would therefore be cancelled to which they said they would be. 

I'm not sure it is up to Samsung to tell anything to Sky regarding the device as it would have been up to you to get a statement from them showing that the device was faulty and could not be repaired. So what has happened is that your account wasn't cancelled and therefore you were still being billed for it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Qasim0
Topic Author
This message was authored by Qasim0 This message was authored by: Qasim0

Hey! 

Thank you for your comment on this, I appreaciate it!

In your opinion, is this something I can talk to sky about? 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

By all means you will need to speak to Sky.

150 is the free number to use from a Sky Mobile or Sky Talk phone otherwise under "Need more help ?" link at the bottom of the page on this link is the number to call Sky on:

https://www.sky.com/help/home

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

@Qasim0 Whoever at the Samsung store told you they would get your Sky mobile account cancelled lied to you, they have zero authority to do so and you need to put in a formal complaint to Samsung detailing exactly what happened and when.

Sky will rightly believe you have just defaulted on payments(which you have) and unless you can get Samsung to admit wrongdoing you may well still be legally liable for the missed payments.

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion