Discussion topic: ROI Sky Sports app Tennis query.

This message was authored by RorDeb This message was authored by: RorDeb

ROI Sky Sports app Tennis query.

I don't seem to have that choice  - am based in Ireland - am am normally not a Luddite. But I cannot seem to get these options

Moderator note:  Amended title to better reflect query.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F Answer

Re: ROI Sky Sports app Tennis query.

Posted by a Sky employee

Afternoon all,

Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences with this issue as it's really helped in identifying the issue and leading towards a fix 🙂

We have confirmed with the relevant support teams that the ROI version of the sky Sports is now fixed and additional streams available for viewing are now available.

Thanks once again for all your help, and do continue to use Sky Community to talk about any issues you are having 👍

Daniel
Community Moderator

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

RorDeb
Topic Author
This message was authored by RorDeb This message was authored by: RorDeb

Re: Tennis on sky in 24

Looks like no option in Ireland yet for iPad users to select what live match they want to watch - what a waste of money 

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RorDeb wrote:

Looks like no option in Ireland yet for iPad users to select what live match they want to watch - what a waste of money 

@RorDeb  I've asked about this in the closed forum I'll post back if I get a response 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

@RorDeb wrote:

@RorDeb  I've had confirmation that the live streams should be available on iPad for customers in both ROI and NI

are you logged into the app and able to watch all the regular sky sports channels live in the sky sports app on the iPad ok

Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

This message was authored by Demp This message was authored by: Demp

@SKY1992bf @RorDeb 

I'm having the exact same issue. Also based in Ireland, can only get the main feed through the sky sports app. Have tried every fix I can think of but still no court choice on the app, phone or iPad. I was having problems getting court choice through the red button but that seems to be working now.

@Demp wrote:

@SKY1992bf @RorDeb 

I'm having the exact same issue. Also based in Ireland, can only get the main feed through the sky sports app. Have tried every fix I can think of but still no court choice on the app, phone or iPad. I was having problems getting court choice through the red button but that seems to be working now.

@Demp @RorDeb can you both provide screenshots of what you are actually seeing when watching sky sports tennis via the sky sports app 

in addition are you able to access the extra streams via the sky go app for mobile devices (iPad etc)

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@SKY1992bf wrote:

@Demp wrote:

@SKY1992bf @RorDeb 

@Demp @RorDeb can you both provide screenshots of what you are actually seeing when watching sky sports tennis via the sky sports app 

in addition are you able to access the extra streams via the sky go app for mobile devices (iPad etc)

@SKY1992bf I didn't think you could view red button content on Sky Go. Are these 'extra streams' different to that? 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @RorDeb  & @Demp ,

I've pulled your messages out from the main Tennis thread to see if there is something going on here or not.

Could I get you to confirm what match you were trying to view along with dates / times it was meant to be broadcast.  Can you also confirm whether you saw these matches listed as part of what we were schedulled to show?

Any extra details you can think of as well would be welcome 🙂

Thanks,

Daniel
Community Moderator

@Daniel-F

If I understand correctly, @RorDeb and @Demp aren't seeing any additional court coverage in the Sky Sports App.

So, for example, right now (Friday 5pm) I see this when accessing the live tennis coverage on the App. 

Aahh! Apparently you can't take screenshots within the App

I see the live match which is playing on Sky Sports Tennis plus the option to click on another 3 different matches. 

Staying on Sky+HD

@oj01 wrote:

@Daniel-F

If I understand correctly, @RorDeb and @Demp aren't seeing any additional court coverage in the Sky Sports App.

So, for example, right now (Friday 5pm) I see this when accessing the live tennis coverage on the App. 

I see the live match which is playing on Sky Sports Tennis plus the option to click on another 3 different matches. 

@oj01 what device are you using I took the one below yesterday on my iPhone within the app (image will appear once approved)

IMG_0329.png

@SKY1992bf wrote:

@oj01 wrote:

@Daniel-F

@oj01 what device are you using I took the one below yesterday on my iPhone within the app (image will appear once approved)

IMG_0329.png

@SKY1992bf Android mobile. I can take them up to the screen before the live tv is playing, but not that screen with the list of alternate matches listed below it.

So, can take this one

Screenshot_20240216-170712.png

Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by Demp This message was authored by: Demp

@Daniel-F 

@oj01 is correct in post 9 of this thread. I can't access the court choice options in the app. It simply goes straight to a live feed of whatever is showing on the sky sports tennis channel. So i don't see the options in the screenshot in post 10.

I also can't take screenshots on android mobile.

To pre-empt a few questions; I am logged in, the app is up to date, it is the sky sports app and not sky go, I'm in the republic of Ireland. Any suggestions what I should try would be appreciated?

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

@Demp wrote:

@Daniel-F 

@oj01 is correct in post 9 of this thread. I can't access the court choice options in the app. It simply goes straight to a live feed of whatever is showing on the sky sports tennis channel. So i don't see the options in the screenshot in post 10.

I'm in ireland and on android, testing this,

Screenshot_20240216_182330_Sky Sports.jpg

But when I click "choose your court", it opens up De Minaar match without any choices (and can't take screenshots) 

Checked on TV while doing it, a wheel chair doubles match is on the tv's red button 

---------
ROI sky Q Customer

@nolte @Demp  do either of you have an iOS device to trail it on , just trying to rule out a device brand issue within Ireland 

@oj01 I'm assuming you can access the court selector even though you can't take an image and are uk based?

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

@SKY1992bf wrote:

@nolte @Demp  do either of you have an iOS device to trail it on , just trying to rule out a device brand issue within Ireland 

?

Sorry, no iOS devices to test it on

---------
ROI sky Q Customer

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion