Discussion topic: Do I need BT Sports

This message was authored by TechmanagerMal This message was authored by: TechmanagerMal

Do I need BT Sports

Trying to figure out the way to go - will Sky Sports and Discovery + enable me to see all televised Premier League matches or do I also need BT Sports (now TNT)

Passing on the tips I have learned in over 23 years as a more than satisfied Sky customer.

Best Answers
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

Re: Do I need BT Sports

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@TechmanagerMal wrote:

Trying to figure out the way to go - will Sky Sports and Discovery + enable me to see all televised Premier League matches or do I also need BT Sports (now TNT)

Its usually more cost effective getting TNT Sports, as the Discovery + Premium tier is included in the price of it. If you don't have TNT Sports you will need to upgrade to the Premium tier of Discovery + which i believe is around £30/month at list price.

Everything broadcast on TNT sports is available on the Premium tier of discovery plus. Plus you get the added bonus of it being on-demand as well.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

@TechmanagerMal wrote:

Its usually more cost effective getting TNT Sports, as the Discovery + Premium tier is included in the price of it. If you don't have TNT Sports you will need to upgrade to the Premium tier of Discovery + which i believe is around £30/month at list price.

Everything broadcast on TNT sports is available on the Premium tier of discovery plus. Plus you get the added bonus of it being on-demand as well.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by ozsat This message was authored by: ozsat

I think the £18pm offer for TNT Sports on Sky boxes is still running

================================================
SkyQ Silver bundle (V2 2TB with UHD/HDR + two minis) in Sky region #71 (Oxford) using VirginMedia Gig1 Fibre (1.2Gbps/100Mbps).

TechmanagerMal
Topic Author
This message was authored by TechmanagerMal This message was authored by: TechmanagerMal

@ozsat wrote:

I think the £18pm offer for TNT Sports on Sky boxes is still running

Looks like its £28 and I currently have £25

Thanks anyway.

Passing on the tips I have learned in over 23 years as a more than satisfied Sky customer.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@TechmanagerMal wrote:

will Sky Sports and Discovery + enable me to see all televised Premier League matches

Generally speaking the 'free' Discovery+ available to all Q, Glass and Stream subscribers doesn't include premium Sports content, which is hardly surprising given the cost of acquiring rights (perhaps £325 million a PL season for TNT)

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by trevforum This message was authored by: trevforum

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@TechmanagerMal wrote:

will Sky Sports and Discovery + enable me to see all televised Premier League matches

Generally speaking the 'free' Discovery+ available to all Q, Glass and Stream subscribers doesn't include premium Sports content, which is hardly surprising given the cost of acquiring rights (perhaps £325 million a PL season for TNT)

I have TNT sports through BT for £12pm as part of a deal by having my broadband through BT Halo 3+.  Discovery + is registered via BT/EE. I have Discovery + Premium and can watch TNT Sports via Sky Stream and Sky Glass in HD/UHD  for no extra cost on two devices at no extra cost. 

——————————————————-
Sky Stream, Sky Glass, Panasonic DX902, Pioneer LX-901 7.1.4

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion