Discussion topic: Sky Glass voice commands

This message was authored by Biscuit+Cat This message was authored by: Biscuit+Cat

Sky Glass voice commands

I can use the sky glass voice commands to take me to a programme, even to the next episode tile but I can't work out what command I need to use to get it to play. I've tried saying 'play', 'watch', 'continue' with and without the specific episode name and it just says it can't do that here. Anything accessed from a tile seems to have the same issue, the only thing we can play is live tv by saying eg 'go to BBC1' Does anyone know if it is possible to play via voice command something not on live tv and if so how do you do this?

All Replies

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Re: Sky Glass voice commands

Posted by a Sky employee

If you go to the following link there is a list of voice commands that can be used.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-q-voice-control-commands

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@Mr+Flibbles+86 wrote:

If you go to the following link there is a list of voice commands that can be used.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-q-voice-control-commands

Those are for Sky Q. Are they the same for Sky Glass/Stream?

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

With these Sky Q commands it seems impossible to search efficiently on Glass / Stream for programmes within the TV guide or playlist / rails

For example the voice command "Playlist" will take you to the playlist as expected but once there you can only see the first 4 programmes on the rail so how can you move to the right (or expand the rail) to see what other programmes are contained within the playlist?

Likewise, if you say "TV guide" once there how do you move down the list to see what is on the other channels not shown on the first page.  The obvious command would be "page down" or something similar but nothing seems to work.

Surely there must be a way so If anyone knows please let us know.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Judging from the lack of response to my post (4 above) I assume it is not possible so please could Sky have a look at introducing more voice commands.

Biscuit+Cat
Topic Author
This message was authored by Biscuit+Cat This message was authored by: Biscuit+Cat

Agreed, there doesn't seem to be any real point to a voice command option if you also have to use the remote control to finish the process. No combination of the voice controls seems to actually play a programme.

This message was authored by bayardm This message was authored by: bayardm

Our Glass accepts the command "play  <programme>", and also "play" after a pause either voice or remote controlled.

Sky Glass 43” stand mount, Wi-fi, 1 puck, ethernet from Bt disc.
Sky Ultimate and whole home, Diamond VIP User
BT Hybrid FTTC, BT Smart Hub 2 + 1 disc
Biscuit+Cat
Topic Author

Thank you, that's interesting. When I try using play as a command it takes me to the correct programme page but won't actually play the programme. It flashes like it's thinking about it and then just goes back to the same page. 

@bayardm Interesting but it doesnt work for me.  I just tried the command "Play SIlent Witness" and it took me to the correct open folder in my playlist but then I am stuck again with not being able to move right to the episode I want (S26 E3).  I then moved to the correct episode using my remote and when I ask it to play is just says "I'm sorry, I can't do that here).

I agree with @Biscuit+Cat tht the voice commands are pointless as you have to use a combination of voice and remote.

Despite this and other issues I actualy like Glass. 

This message was authored by NICKRANGER1 This message was authored by: NICKRANGER1

My sky glass remote stopped working. I've tried to b use the TV voice command to restart programs but it won't.

Is this even possible to restart or play programs from play list via the TV voice commands when no remote? 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion