Discussion topic: Waiting for TV Schedule not loading

This message was authored by Ray+Keenan This message was authored by: Ray+Keenan

Re: Waiting for TV Schedule not loading

My box EPG eventually did update but very late and it did exactly the same thing this evening too so it IS updating but very slowly so something seems to be going on with it. 

Another possibly related thing is that the little green button that allows you to set a series link for a new/returning show doesn't seem to be working properly for me. I saw an advert for 'The Rookie: Feds' this evening (which starts Feb 8th) with the green button showing but when i pressed it, all that came up was the opportunity to set a timer for 'The Rookie' which starts next Thursday (Feb 2nd), which i've already done. So because the new show starts the following Wednesday another six days after that, it makes me think that because the EPG isn't loading properly for me at the moment, is why i can't set a series link for it when the green button appears. It's no big deal, i can always set a series link closer to the time but it's an interesting concidence all the same. 

Unless the green button isn't working for anyone regarding 'The Rookie:Feds' that is... 

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ray+Keenan wrote:

My box EPG eventually did update but very late and it did exactly the same thing this evening too so it IS updating but very slowly so something seems to be going on with it. 

Another possibly related thing is that the little green button that allows you to set a series link for a new/returning show doesn't seem to be working properly for me. I saw an advert for 'The Rookie: Feds' this evening (which starts Feb 8th) with the green button showing but when i pressed it, all that came up was the opportunity to set a timer for 'The Rookie' which starts next Thursday (Feb 2nd), which i've already done. So because the new show starts the following Wednesday another six days after that, it makes me think that because the EPG isn't loading properly for me at the moment, is why i can't set a series link for it when the green button appears. It's no big deal, i can always set a series link closer to the time but it's an interesting concidence all the same. 

Unless the green button isn't working for anyone regarding 'The Rookie:Feds' that is... 

@Ray+Keenan you do realise that the EPG on Sky only shows 7 days so if something is due to start by your dates the 8th of February it would be impossible to show it in the EPG same as if you are trying to go more than 7 days in the future 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by Ray+Keenan This message was authored by: Ray+Keenan

Of course I realise that.

On occasion when a new series is about to begin and the advert for the show is shown, the green button appears in the top right hand of the screen which takes you, when you press the green button on your remote to a page that allows you to set a timer up to 10 days before the show is scheduled to begin. A trailer for a new show 'The Rookie: Feds' had this green button in the top right hand screen but when I pressed the green button on my remote, it only showed The Rookie as being able to set a timer for, which begins airing this Thursday coming which makes me wonder if the EPG issues I've been having with my box is why it's not there (because it's more than a week away) Have used the green button countless times without issue before now.  Im fully aware that the EPG only works seven days in advance which is also why I said it wasn't a big deal and that I'd set the timer for 'Feds' closer to the time. 

This message was authored by Sandyx This message was authored by: Sandyx

I have had the same problem for January and it had stopped keeping the series links and so programs were not recorded and I had to find them on demand, after weeks of no schedule available for anything apart from the hour you were in and that took each page of channels 3 minutes to load those programs then last week I managed to get the series links to come back to record the programs that were not doing so the previous week and it still doesn't load up next week program schedule and now it's saying there's no internet when it is working and no issues with my broadband so I can't get any on demand program from the past 2 days, this is ridiculous and I can't change to another type of box because all the recordings I have including films that are not shown or available any more would be lost as stuck on the sky box hd which is not able to transfer to another sky device..

I thought it was because I had a sky plus box but see people with sky Q have the same issues so don't let sky fool you into changing everything for a new device when this program problem and lack of schedule is happening across all sky platforms.

This message was authored by Sandyx This message was authored by: Sandyx

Hey Ray.

It's all gone with the series links and schedules keep not loading up for the day and the next day since the end of January I noticed because my previous series links to itv that have been going on for over a year suddenly missed recording just Emmerdale and Corrie, and the Apprentice on BBC 1 and the series link was not available to re set again, now they have recorded this week after I set them again but the program guide still doesn't load properly and it's saying I'm not connected to the internet when I have not lost my broadband at home. 

This message was authored by Jenwight This message was authored by: Jenwight

Looks like this problem has been going on a while it's now got to the point where I have to reboot the tv at least once a week when I am completely losing all channels lists it's annoying and very frustrating the tv is heavy to move every time I have to reboot it I have checked and I have the system set to eco so don't know what else to do it's about time Sky sorted it out 

This message was authored by Maca5631 This message was authored by: Maca5631

Have had this problem for a couple of months now, on my multi room box. Have to unplug at least 2-3 times per week. Seemingly no response/resolution from Sky.

Honestly can't wait to sack Sky off at the end of my contract.

This message was authored by Pentaxian This message was authored by: Pentaxian

I've had the same issue for a couple of months now.

It's pathetic. Sky need to get this sorted immediately.

Clearly a common issue, that's gone on for far too long. 

I'm getting really fed up with this now. 

Everything was chugging along nicely. Changed all the settings on the main box and two minis to 'eco' and that seemed to work for us in that the EPG would update, albeit slowly daily. However tonight, it hasn't updated, the main box past moon next Monday and the minis past 6pm the same day so I shall more than likely have to reboot. 

It seems to be more of an issue lately with more people reporting it happening to them and I would love to know WHY it's happening and WHAT the issue is causing it because it is frustrating and annoying and recordings are being missed because of this bleeping issue. Is it a software issue? Is it a metadata related issue? Is it a multi room issue? What is causing it??? 

I have to wait til later to reboot again only for the issue to surely rear its ugly head once again in a few days or weeks. 🤬

This message was authored by ProximusAl This message was authored by: ProximusAl

Add me to this list.

It's got so bad for me, I've now added a TP-Link Kasa wifi plug to turn of the SkyQ and the mini remotely, as I constantly get the wife messaging me saying "The SkyQ box is ****ed again", cant get the guide up.

I'm convinced this is a software issue as I've had this SkyQ box for years, and it's only in the last few months this has started happening.

This message was authored by Piggy This message was authored by: Piggy

I have been given 2 new sky q boxes as my tv after a few days will say waiting for tv schedule. Sky keep saying not sure of the issue. But if it's happing to lots of people sure they should sort it out by now. 

This message was authored by SpondonNick This message was authored by: SpondonNick

If you go into settings and preferences, then change the number of recordings the box will do, it reboots the box to alter the setting, which saves the need for trying to unplugvthe mains lead. It's still tedious but it brings back the guide for a while.....until the next time!

And guess what has reared Utd ugly Jess once AGAIN???? 

Yup. My EPG is once more 'waiting for tv schedule' from 6.30pm next Tuesday evening which means every single series link for tonight has failed to pick up. Once again. It seems I can't get past two weeks for this problem to resurface and I have to reboot the box yet again. 

I have the settings set to 'eco' on every box (main box and two minis)

Software is up to date. 
Resetting settings I haven't tried because it it doesn't seem to work for others with this problem. 
Is it connected to the meta data issue affecting  the stacking and blank tiles as it seems to have worsened around the same time as that issue was first being reported? 

I am at my wit's end with this. Utterly and completely fed up with it. 

"has reared its ugly head again" damn autocorrect 🙄

This message was authored by Piggy This message was authored by: Piggy

I have had enough of the (removed) Found the best way to solve it. Canceled my contract. Looking around there are lots of none subscription  sat boxes about. Sky don't care about anyone apart from upping there fees and supplying hundreds of repeats 

Moderator comments: removed inappropriate language 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion