Discussion topic: Using Sky boosters with TP-Link AC2100

This message was authored by warbkingtonlounge This message was authored by: warbkingtonlounge

Using Sky boosters with TP-Link AC2100

Hi, I've installed a TP Link AC2100 to replace my sky router so that I can have a guest network

Everything seems to have connected and is working.  However I have two sky boosters that will not connect. I've tried using the TPS buttons but no luck.

I was hoping that with the TP link I'd not need them,  but I have weak signal at on 2.4 ghz in my dining room so smart light will no connect

If these bosters are not compatible are there any other option.

All Replies

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

Re: Using Sky boosters with TP-Link AC2100

@warbkingtonlounge 

Sky boosters are only compatible with Sky Hub routers, unfortunately. You should look into adding TP-Link wifi range extenders to ensure full compatibility with your TP-Link wireless router.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Something like this may be worth looking st @warbkingtonlounge 

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
warbkingtonlounge
Topic Author
This message was authored by warbkingtonlounge This message was authored by: warbkingtonlounge

Thanks , I've ordered an extender.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion