Discussion topic: My night completely ruined

This message was authored by kuyfiyukft This message was authored by: kuyfiyukft

My night completely ruined

For 3 years I have been waiting for this game to release, and today they finally released and open beta, I planned to stay up all night with my friends, bought coffee and snacks for the night, only for my internet to cut off at 1am, it's currently 4am and I still have no internet, orange broadband light on my router, I have college at 8, I've managed to play 1 hour of this game I've waited so long to try just for your horrendous internet to turn off at 1, (like it usually does) on an odd rate occasion it doesn't shut off at 1am and works just as awful as usual but at least it "worked". Ethernet on my pc is down, wireless on my phone is down and I have no way of fixing it, I tried to fix it online like recommended but the 'test connection" feature just doesn't work right now which is quite fitting really when nothing else sky produces works, I've given my router stats in previous posts so I'm not doing it here as I know how utterly useless the sky help is on here, "post your router stats" "uhhh yeah have you tried turning it off and on again??" Yes? have you tried making a working product? I don't understand how this is even legal??? it's the equivalent of drinking an expensive bottle of wine just for someone to enter your home and take it off you, look you in your eyes and say" no no, you can have this back in 3 hours" , this comparison works because A. Sky is so overpriced the general UK public is going poor, and B. IM NOT PAYING FOR 3 HOUR DOWNTIMES?????, Can't wait for a coherent response to this one, that's if your work ethic (if there is one) is good enough that your reach the bottom of this text. Thanks again, - Average Sky Customer.

All Replies

This message was authored by TomThumb5ive This message was authored by: TomThumb5ive

Re: My night completely ruined

@kuyfiyukft  Unfortunately downtime is not an uncommon occurrence, 

if that be down to overnight maintenance or a fault who knows?

In your case the timing just sucks🤬

A semi coherent response would be, I'm off to do a lill more gaming 🤭

:Re run the line test later! 

: Otherwise a call to sky is needed to report a fault if normal service has not been resumed.

Tom...

Sky want us to believe in better
BELIEVE =accept that (something) is true, especially without proof.
BETTER = of a higher standard, or more suitable, pleasing, or effective than other things or people:

Sky Q & 2 mini’s
SR203 router. > Replaced with ASUS XT9’s with a TP-Link TD-W9970 modem
Sky superfast 80/20 :sort of, 63-75/15. Devolo 1200 wifi > Replaced with cat 6
Sony KDAF8 65 oled.
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@kuyfiyukft 

If you've posted your router stats on the forum before then you should know that you aren’t talking to Sky Customer Services here. This is primarily a forum for customers to help other customers. Sky won’t contact you as the result of your post on here.

If you believe the help on here to be "utterly useless " and you're refusing to post your router stats again I don't think there is much else us fellow customers can do to help you. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@kuyfiyukft 

Certainly unlucky timing, but no domestic service provider evolved through cut-throat price competition can offer a guarantee of zero down-time: actually no expensive business ISP can either unless they provide multiple failover routing all the way to the address which includes non-cabled data transit.  A pause for thought should indicate that 100% connectivity over a single phone line simply isn't possible: aside from the eventual inevitably of physical damage and environmental degradation there do have to be maintainance periods at the exchange/cabinet and upstream by either the ISP or more probably Openreach.

Assuming you're being charged something around the average for domestic broadband in the UK, the three hours you're 'not going to pay for' was priced at about 12p: for an out-of-discount £35pcm it would be 15p.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Hi @kuyfiyukft 

Looking at your profile all your old posts are no longer visible which would suggest they are archived which would suggest the last time you asked for help on the forum was a long time ago? Your router stats can change so a fresh set would be useful. We can try and offer some help here but if you'd rather call Sky then you can do so on the main help page. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion