Discussion topic: Sky Stream/ Moving House

This message was authored by HapyGirl89 This message was authored by: HapyGirl89

Sky Stream/ Moving House

Hi guys 😊

I've currently had Sky Stream a couple months in my living room (just 1 puck) for my only TV. 

It looks like I'm going to be moving house (fingers crossed!)  approx 31st of this month, and now want a second puck to use for the main living room there TV, and then mine to use with tv in my bedroom. 

So, my questions: 

1) How do i get an extra puck, do you buy it as a one-off for the £39.95 or do i add the £12 a month whole home" subscription to get extra puck and use Sky Stream across the house? 

2) Do i need to tell Sky i'm moving house and taking my Sky Stream there, or do I just update my address on my online Sky account? 

Thanks so much i'm a bit clueless about this one..! ❤️

Best Answers
This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams Answer

Re: Sky Stream/ Moving House

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @HapyGirl89 

Yes if you add the whole home pack and then select the amount of extra streams you need. 

Once you've moved give Sky a call to update the address on the account.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams Answer

Hi @HapyGirl89 

Yes if you add the whole home pack and then select the amount of extra streams you need. 

Once you've moved give Sky a call to update the address on the account.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Tim

HapyGirl89
Topic Author
This message was authored by HapyGirl89 This message was authored by: HapyGirl89

Hi there @Tim+Adams 

You're a star!! thanks so much, really appreciate it 😊

I'll go ahead then and add the 'whole home pack'  to my current package.

Do i need to ring Sky to update the new address just before I move, or can i do it when I get to the new house? 

Thanks again! Take care ☺️

Nadine 

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

No problem @HapyGirl89 🙂

I'd add the WholeHome and wait until the extra Stream gets delivered until you change the address just in case it goes to old one. 

They normally get delivered next day, then when you move in just give Sky a call for the address update.

Thanks,

Tim

HapyGirl89
Topic Author

Thanks again @Tim+Adams  you've been great & lliterally answered everything i needed to know! 😊

Take care and have a lovely rest of the weekend. 

Nadine 

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

That's fantastic to hear @HapyGirl89 

Not a problem at all, thank you and you too.

Hope the move goes well 🙂

Thanks,

Tim

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@HapyGirl89 Worth noting that whilst you bought and own the first Puck, a change in Sky's t&cs mean that the second Puck will be on loan from Sky and you will pay an activation fee (rather than a purchase fee).

As far as we know, it's important that you remember which Puck is which. If you were to cancel Whole Home in the future, the second (loaned) Puck would need to be returned to Sky. If you canceled Stream completely you would keep the Puck you bought and return the loaned one. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by perrosno This message was authored by: perrosno

@oj01 I have the same problem. Any chance someone could escalate so that I get my NW England region changed to Northern Ireland.

Sky updated my address days ago but I guess the agent didn't know about updating the streaming region separately. 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@perrosno I have escalated your post as requested.  The link below explains how the procedure works:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Keep a look out for the speech chat bubble that will appear on the bottom left of your screen when you are logged onto this forum (you will need to refresh your browser from time to time until you see the chat bubble). When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or the chat will be automatically closed.  Note replies from Sky are not instant so you will need to regularly check the chat thread.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

Thank you very much @Fothergill1 . Really appreciated.

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @perrosno  an invite to chat.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for chatting to us @perrosno . Unfortunately, there was no further response on the chat in 48 hours, we are still waiting to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your chat has been closed now. Thanks

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

I was contacted by a man called Carl you seemed to think updating the "Buy and Keep" address would resolve the issue within 48 hours. It has not and my region is still incorrect. 

I have just power cycled the box with no effect. 

If someone could change the streaming region then that would be very welcome. 

Many thanks. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion