Discussion topic: sky go mac stopped working

Gerry20
Topic Author
This message was authored by Gerry20 This message was authored by: Gerry20

Re: sky go mac stopped working

Sky couldn't work out the issue and will contact me when there is a solution.

Gerry20
Topic Author

Still no resolution to the probem.  No contact from Sky past 10 days +.

This message was authored by CatTrousers This message was authored by: CatTrousers

Bumping this to see if anyone has had an acceptable response from Sky yet...

I use SkyGo on my Mac in the kitchen, and I'm desperately trying not to switch to another provider, but it's getting more and more difficult. 

Any other way to watch sky online? 

Gerry20
Topic Author

Still nothing from Sky,  happy to charge €200+/month but no service when there is a problem.

This message was authored by M999M This message was authored by: M999M

I see the APP is still no longer available within Apple Store, Mine now sits in a perpetual loop downloading, installing, downloading, installing.  I have to kill the app to stop it.  I'm running Monterey 12.4 and its just started happening in the last few days.  Looks like Sky don't care and do any 'testing' prior to updating their products to ensure they will work in ALL environments...  Not holding my breath for a fix!

This message was authored by Gurderp This message was authored by: Gurderp

I have exactly the same problem.  Started happening for no reason.. nothing has changed.

I'm running a macOS Big Sur 11.4

Gerry20
Topic Author

Sky Ireland came up with a solution, unfortunately the link to it has been deleted.  Go to library and delete any Sky files, then reload the app, that worked for me.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Gerry20 wrote:

Sky Ireland came up with a solution, unfortunately the link to it has been deleted.  Go to library and delete any Sky files, then reload the app, that worked for me.

It might be something like this that is worth doing based on your post:

Delete the Sky Go app.
Launch Finder, select Downloads then delete ‘SkyGoInstaller’.
Launch Finder again, select Go (at the top of the screen), then Computer.
Select Macintosh HD.
Go to Users > [yourusername] > Applications then delete the Sky Go app.
Then go to Library by Open Finder.
Click "Go" on the menu bar.
Press and hold the “option/alt” key.
Click the "Library" shortcut which appears.
Then navigate to the relevant folders (Application Support, Caches or Preference) and delete all SkyGo folders and files referencing Cisco player
Reboot your Mac and then download and install the Sky Go app again.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Gurderp This message was authored by: Gurderp

I tried to do all that and couldn't find any sky or Cisco files in Library folders 😔

This message was authored by JJJane This message was authored by: JJJane

Thank you caesarome that worked for me after weeks of not having the app and uninstalling and reinstalling. I basically deleted every file and document with Sky and Cisco in the name - at least 30 in all, followed all the instructions and it worked. I have Big Sur installed btw. 

This message was authored by JJJane This message was authored by: JJJane

I should also say that I removed the device from the Sky account before I followed the instructions, did that make a difference? Who knows.

This message was authored by tyreman1 This message was authored by: tyreman1

i am also aving this issue and tried all the above steps. has any one sorted it? if not ill be looking at moving my sky and mobile as i use this a lot when away from work

This message was authored by ST8476 This message was authored by: ST8476

I'm having the same issue.  I've followed all of the suggested steps, deleted everything that references Sky (nothing referencing Cisco found in the Library) and still SkyGo won't work when I restart and re-install.

It's not getting past the first screen, just the white "Play" triangle against the blue background, then the app crashes and won't close, so i have to Quit from the bottom bar instead.  This has been going on for weeks. 

This message was authored by AJSango This message was authored by: AJSango

That worked for me perfectly. After months of not having my Sky Go work on my MacBook Air, it is now fixed. Thank you so much 👍🏻

This message was authored by marsh1960 This message was authored by: marsh1960

Using imac running Monterey 12.6.3  Sky has a history of the updates not working with any mac updates over the last couple of yesrs or so, but it usually resolves after a few daya and I can update the app and use Sky. However I'm currently suffering an extended period of the Sky update downloading but failing to instal, then looping back to download etc.

Very frustrating as I'm sure Sky could prevent/resolve this with more careful debugging ahead of releasing updates

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion