Discussion topic: Contract renewal question

This message was authored by MicroMan This message was authored by: MicroMan

Contract renewal question

My elderly father has received an email regarding his contract renewal in July and he has the first option of "keeping what he has" for an additional £5/month or second option of "Based on what you already have" for the same cost as he is currently paying as it states that it includes a £5/month discount. However he has the legacy F1 as part of his current package which he doesn't want to lose. If he takes the cheaper second option do you think that Sky will remove the F1 channel from that package using the getout clause "Based on what you already have". 

There doesn't appear to be a way to find out what is actually included in the second option, only a button to renew.

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: Contract renewal question

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Any legacy entitlement (such as F1 which was unlocked with the HD sub) will be lost with any change of package.

Having a legacy entitlement means he's been 'out of contract' for a long time and has been paying full list price.  (No discounts)

If the mail doesn't detail then he'll have to contact Sky to confirm.  If he's prepared to enter an 18 month minimum term he may be able to get it even cheaper but will require a switch to Signature with a sports sub.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion