Discussion topic: sky go mac stopped working

This message was authored by BAD1 This message was authored by: BAD1

Re: sky go mac stopped working

My skygo stopped working over a year ago. I am currently using Ventura 13.2.1. (however i have had a few variations of this over the past year or so) I contacted sky several times, and yes they tried very hard to sort out the problem, however, they never did.  On every occasion they upgraded the problem to the tech team, end of story.  I never once had a response from the so called tech team.  I still cannot access skygo from my macbookpro, but I can from my 2 ipads and 2 iphones.  When you are heavilly commited to a provider such as apple its not easy to withdraw and go elsewhere.  I am very dissapointed with sky, as I do not think this is an apple issue as my other instruments work perfectly.  As a result I can still access skygo remotely, however its via a phone or an ipad and not a larger laptop screen.

This message was authored by conancmi This message was authored by: conancmi

Hi there, I was having this same problem, I tried everything. I downloaded a program called CCleaner (the free version), and uninstalled sky go with that then reinstalled it and is back working. Hope that works for you.

Hi, thanks very much for responding, but for some reason my mac would not let me install CC Cleaner. 

However, I set up a 2nd user on my mac, and hey presto, it works on the new user site.  But not to be beaten I saw the solution posted by caesarome last year.  It involved a lot of searching and deleting but I followed his instructions and deleted all the stuff mentioned, Cisco player files etc.  (Whatever they are )  Anyway downloaded and installed skygo app and it works.  I really appreciate your help as it made me determined to sort it out.  So now I have sky go working on 2 user accounts.

Hi, thanks very much for your post.  My skygo hasn't worked for over a year and have tried numerous times to fix.  I followed your instructions and it worked straight away.. I have previously deleted all sky go from my mac, but not 'cisco player' files.  (Whatever they are). Anyway result is my skygo now works.  Just one other point which may help someone else is before I tried your solution I added a new user account to my mac and sky go worked with the new user account.  Thanks once again

This message was authored by Pablo+M This message was authored by: Pablo+M

I now have the exact same problem is there a proper fix for this ? 

HI, as I said on my post I did two things that sorted the problem for me.  First I added a new user to my laptop, downloaded the sky app and it worked.  Secondly I followed the instructions given by caesarome posted on the 16/6/22 and that also worked on my own user profile.  Try them

This message was authored by DavieP This message was authored by: DavieP

I am having exactly the same issue. I noticed it last night. Have deleted and restored several times. Plus rebooted. My daughter has a macbook  too but hers is working fine. Wonder if it is due to a newer version of the OS. Either way its rubbish.

This message was authored by DavieP This message was authored by: DavieP

Wow wow wow. Just followed these instructions from caesar and it worked. Not sure what I was doing but it worked. Basically i guess when you think you have deleted skygo, you havent fully removed all the cache/links. So by going to you User on Mackintosh it stips out all the files you didnt know were there. I think. Anyway it worked 100%. Thankyou so much but shame on sky for not having a scooby doo what is going on with thier app.

This message was authored by henryv This message was authored by: henryv

I did remove Sky Sport too but it stiil asked me to log out and in, over and over.

I removed all caches and cookies from my mac, and it works again.

When the remove the caches and cookies you will be asked to log in on some of your other favourite sites too. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion