Discussion topic: Sky Go app keeps changing aspect ratio on devices

This message was authored by Talln This message was authored by: Talln

Re: Sky Go app keeps changing aspect ratio on laptop

Same. At home watching on pc with Sky Q connection. All the recorded shows (eg oak island, last of us) are changing aspect and windowing. Shows were previously recorded on Q box. Live tv is fine.  So it is an incompatibility between Sky Q recording /playback and Windows app. Unwatchable. 

This message was authored by Sigh-Man This message was authored by: Sigh-Man

Try deleting the programs on the sky box and downloading them directly in Sky windows app - obviously only try deleting one program first as if it doesn't fix it you can always watch as normal on the Sky box & TV, when they're available 

This message was authored by Matt+Nunns This message was authored by: Matt+Nunns

Same issue here! Good to see Sky are on top of their software issues! (As per usual!)

This message was authored by Gaco20 This message was authored by: Gaco20

Re: Screen ratio keeps changing on Sky Go app on Ipad

But downloading to the iPad negates the advantage of Being able to continue your viewing on different devices. SKY - do you have a solution for this?

This message was authored by Johnmj36 This message was authored by: Johnmj36

I am getting g the same issue with Sky Q recordings. Downloading direct to iPad negates the point of having sky Multiroom. Looking at how long this issue has been reported, I would expect Sky to have resolved this by now. Workaround is not really acceptable.

This message was authored by RikT This message was authored by: RikT

soooo you are telling me that to stop this happening for a film i have purchased and downloaded to the box and want to watch in bed on ipad i have to... go get sky store app, then download film in there, then find where i was up to. not exactly a great service that

This message was authored by Mickc79 This message was authored by: Mickc79

Same issue. Hugely annoying. 

Come on sky, it's streaming a video. It's a solved problem. How the hell are you messing this up??

This message was authored by Kevin+love+001 This message was authored by: Kevin+love+001

Where is the Sky response to this thread?? Why the silence??

This message was authored by Kevin+love+001 This message was authored by: Kevin+love+001

Sky is ignoring the many posts about Sky Go aspect ratio on mobile devices

Sky is ignoring the many posts about Sky Go aspect ratio on mobile devices  
It is ridiculous that so many people can report this fault (aspect ratio keeps changing during viewing) without Sky making one comment. 

This message was authored by Kirsty+S27 This message was authored by: Kirsty+S27

Re: Sky Go app keeps changing aspect ratio on devices

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

I wanted to keep you all informed of this issue. This is currently being investigated by the support teams however I don't have an ETA on when this will be fixed. Once I do have more information I will let you know. 

In the meantime you could try turning off the option "connect to Q box" and find the content on the Sky Go app to watch. 

EDIT: I've marked the post as answered, so that people don't need to read the entire thread to obtain this workaround.  The team are still working on the fault and when we've more information, we'll let everyone know.

Kirsty

Community Manager
This message was authored by Talln This message was authored by: Talln

Hi Sky Employee

Does the issue manifest on latest Sky Q boxes?  Or is this just a problem for those of us on old boxes?   

wouldnt a simple and fast option be to replace the faulty equipment for people who have this issue?   

This message was authored by Jondom This message was authored by: Jondom

@Kirsty+S27 it has been over a month, is this going to be fixed any time soon?

This message was authored by Daston This message was authored by: Daston

Same issue here trying to Watch the F1 that you can't even download to a device you HAVE to download it to the Sky Q box. At this moment I really am not sure why I am paying for the inflated Sky sports package! 

This message was authored by James+Yorkshire This message was authored by: James+Yorkshire

SKY

This is still on-going! Is there any reason to stay with Sky when the services DONT work.

Come on get it fixed.

Its a problem for LOTS of Sky customers and its NOT acceptable!!!

This message was authored by Esmg This message was authored by: Esmg

Yep, Sky Go on Skysports is cutting the edge off the screen. On a football match with the score on display top left, you can't see any of the left hand team or their score. That doesn't matter but if the play goes wide and the camera doesn't follow fully, you can't see the play on the pitch. 

Is it an app issue? Any Sky folk to comment?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion