Discussion topic: Replacing Sky Router.

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Replacing Sky Router.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rocket11617 

Thats not what we are looking for.

If you have the my sky app for mobile phones you can run tests from the broadband section of your my sky app or sky.com account and click on your broadband speed. After that click on check you broadband in the blue box and post the results 

Alternately you can log onto yourt sky.com account and do the same

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Rocket11617
Topic Author
This message was authored by Rocket11617 This message was authored by: Rocket11617

Okay I'll check that out. 

Rocket11617
Topic Author
This message was authored by Rocket11617 This message was authored by: Rocket11617

 So I've tried the test but it took ages to process despite being promised that I am paying for decent connections throughout my household 

IMG_0022.png

IMG_0023.png

IMG_0026.png

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Rocket11617 

Strongly recommend you contact sky as early as possible tomorrow on 150 from your sky landline or

Contact sky as below

Follow the link and choose need more help

https://www.sky.com/help/home/

If in the Republic of Ireland go to the bottom of the page and change the flag to Republic of Ireland

To get an engineer appointment to sort that line out

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

Rocket11617
Topic Author

I can't tell if the pictures uploaded properly? 

should I upgrade to gigabytes top tier plan? 

@Rocket11617 

Have you checked if fttp is available.?

Enter your full postal address below and post the table after removing your address from the image. 

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

@Rocket11617 

If the results of the bt wholesale checker show WBC FTTP in available products then it would be mutually beneficial to sky and yourself to upgrade as they won't have to pay openreach to fix it and the cost of fttp will be recouped in any new 18 month contract.

Also you would not be compelled to go for 1Gbps you would possibly be within you rights to request 80Mbps as your current connection is naff 😁

Rocket11617
Topic Author

 I've checked and it is available so do I get in touch with Sky themselves to say I want to switch providers or complain that I haven't received anything shy of what I have supposedly been paying for over the years? 

IMG_0028.jpeg

IMG_0027.jpeg

IMG_0026.png

@Rocket11617 

Just call sky on 150 from you sky landline or

Contact sky as below

Follow the link and choose need more help

https://www.sky.com/help/home/

If in the Republic of Ireland go to the bottom of the page and change the flag to Republic of Ireland

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Rocket11617 

FTTP being available gives you two options.

1. Change your package to an Ultrafast package to trigger the change to FTTP and avoid your line issues.

2. Switch provider which will also trigger an FTTP install and avoid your current line issues.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
Rocket11617
Topic Author

Hi, I've switched over to gigafast! Thank you for your help!

Rocket11617
Topic Author

Does anyone know why I can no longer get 5GHz since having to arrange an upgrade to sky gigabite? 

the engineer is expected to come out in the coming days to prep the line before it's activated on 26th October. 

Rocket11617
Topic Author

Scratch that I've managed to fix everything. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion