Discussion topic: Internet access point

This message was authored by James911 This message was authored by: James911

Internet access point

Hi there.

we've recently moved into a house, which we bought that the previous owners took back to brick. Now we've got it all plastered, we have come to realise that there's not an Ethernet access point so have nowhere to plug our router in to gain access to the internet. Do sky provide this service or do I need to go elsewhere?  Thanks for your help

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Internet access point

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@James911 wrote:

Now we've got it all plastered, we have come to realise that there's not an Ethernet access point so have nowhere to plug our router in to gain access to the internet. 

There's no such thing as an 'Ethernet access point' for typical domestic broadband: it's either an Openreach master socket (for ADSL, FTTC or G.fast) or an Openreach ONT ('fibre modem') for FTTP.  In either case you need to book a 'Home Move' from Sky if they were your ISP at your previous address: broadband doesn't follow an ISP router around the telecoms network.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
James911
Topic Author
This message was authored by James911 This message was authored by: James911

Makes sense, thanks.

We've been with sky 10 years so it would be them, does that come as part of their home move and do you know if you would end up paying? Thanks

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@James911 

A home move is FOC and Sky will organise everything once you notify them. It can usually take 2-4 weeks. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion