Discussion topic: Sky router controls missing from MySky app

This message was authored by BigDave1980 This message was authored by: BigDave1980

Sky router controls missing from MySky app

Hello everyone,

I've recently moved from a Now Broadband DSL conection to a new Sky Broadband FTTP service. The package I opted for was Sky Broadband Ultrafast Plus (up to 500Mbps I believe). I was sent the new white router, an SR213, which I was not expecting as I have not purchased the Sky WiFi Max product. The installing engineer mentioned that everyone seems to be getting the SR213 now regardless of whether they subscribe to WiFi Max.

It's all installed and working perfectly but when I tried to change certain settings via the router's web interface I got the "Managing your home network settings is now easier than ever. Please download the My Sky App to set up port forwards, among many other features and settings" message.

I already had the MySky app installed but the options relating to the router/hub were not there. So I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, but the options still aren't there. All I have are the options for Broadband Shield and Internet Security as shown in my screenshot. I've trawled through a few forum threads where other people had the same or similar issues and I see that Sky probably need to do something from their side to allow me to see the options in the app. It's been installed and live for about 4 or 5 days. Can somebody please take a look at it for me?

Thanks!

Screenshot_20240617_MySky.jpg

Best Answers
This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder Answer

Re: Sky router controls missing from MySky app

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@BigDave1980 I have escalated your post to Sky who may be in touch with you regarding this via a private message on this forum or an email to you, both of which will invite you to a private chat.

More information about this process can be found in the link below.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@BigDave1980  When was the FTTP installation completed?

BigDave1980
Topic Author
This message was authored by BigDave1980 This message was authored by: BigDave1980

@Highlinder It was installed and went live 4 days ago, on Thursday of last week.

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder Answer

@BigDave1980 I have escalated your post to Sky who may be in touch with you regarding this via a private message on this forum or an email to you, both of which will invite you to a private chat.

More information about this process can be found in the link below.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

BigDave1980
Topic Author

Ok thanks @Highlinder that's great. I'll wait to see what happens.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@BigDave1980 wrote:

I was sent the new white router, an SR213, which I was not expecting as I have not purchased the Sky WiFi Max product. 

Sky now provides the Max Hub for all Ultrafast connections: it's the WiFi Max service (booster pods, Parental Controls and 'AI-powered internet security') which has an extra subscription fee.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @BigDave1980 an invite to chat.

BigDave1980
Topic Author

Just an update on this one, Sky did get in touch with me via chat on here and after going through some security checks they confirmed that there was some kind of issue with my new FTTP service and have asked me to contact them directly, which I will do. I am not sure at this stage what the issue is, because they didn't say. The service is still up and running at this point in time. If there's anything that may be interesting or helpful to others then I will update again here when I get a chance.

BigDave1980
Topic Author

I called Sky as requested on the private chat and asked for the order recovery department as instructed. The person I spoke to checked into the status of my ticket and said he was escalating my ticket to "network" as order recovery wouldn't have been able to help with it. He said somebody from Network would contact me. That was quite a few working days ago now and unfortunately I still don't see the router settings in the Sky app. When I go onto the MySky website and log in, I look uder My Products and all I have there is TV, no mention of any broadband/talk products. I'm definitely a customer though - I'm using it right now. The broadband works perfectly but Sky told me there is an issue with it, which I think is more likely to be an account issue rather than a service issue. Is there any way for somebody to have a look into what's going on with it for me please? 

Thanks!

BigDave1980
Topic Author

Hello @Highlinder , just tagging you in case there was any way you could bring this one to the attention of Sky again. Ref my previous case from earlier today. The connection is working fine, but I now need to set up port forwarding on my router and the settings can only be changed via the app. Problem is, I still can't see my router settings within the app - or even that I subscribe to any broadband services from Sky. I's certainly on my bill though.

Cheers!

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@BigDave1980  So your still not able to see these settings on the Sky app. What did Sky say about getting this sorted when you spoke to them through the escalation on what needed to be done and was there any follow up that was needed done by yourself.

BigDave1980
Topic Author

Hi @Highlinder , they said they were escalating it to "network" and that they'd be in touch with me but I've not heard anything more about it so far. They haven't asked me to do anything from my side at all, that I'm aware of.

@BigDave1980  It might be a good idea to give them a call back and see if there are any updates on this issue and why no one has got back to you.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion