Discussion topic: Intermittent broadband

This message was authored by Pirks This message was authored by: Pirks

Intermittent broadband

So...I've had sky Q for over 12 months and up until a month ago I never had any major issues. 

over the last month I've encountered regular drops in my broadband. It is either really slow or just drops randomly. 

I am finding myself rebooting every day pretty much.  It works for a little bit then it starts playing up again. 

i contacted Sky at the start of august and they sent an engineer out to do some work at the exchange - after they said the issue was happening outside. Got a text saying it had been fixed.  Think I got charged for this visit which I wasn't told but anyway. 

ever since then it's dipped and tonight it was a nightmare. I work from home so need a decent service 

i know it's a first world problem and not a priority but if I pay for something, I'd like to enjoy it and at the moment I can't enjoy watching something in case it stops and starts. 

im going to call sky tomorrow but has anyone got any advice on this? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Intermittent broadband

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Pirks Could you please post your router stats following the link below.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717#M101...

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Pirks
Topic Author
This message was authored by Pirks This message was authored by: Pirks

@Highlinder 

here they are. 

BAFD04DF-D96D-4A43-901A-887BD1037FA7.png

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@PirksYou need to go to the bottom of that page and click on show Statistics, there is a screenshot of what you should be looking for.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion