Discussion topic: I have just ordered sky fibre. i was told the phone needs to be connected to the hub

This message was authored by betjon This message was authored by: betjon

I have just ordered sky fibre. i was told the phone needs to be connected to the hub

how do we add multiple phone extensions whilst using sky fibre where the phone is connected to the hub

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: I have just ordered sky fibre. i was told the phone needs to be connected to the hub

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@betjon  Are the other phones you have within your property all corded phones or Wireless, that is work off one base unit?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: I have just ordered sky fibre. i was told the phone needs to be connected to the hub

@betjon 

Any dect base station plugged into the sky hub and as many satellite phones as needed

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@betjon wrote:

how do we add multiple phone extensions whilst using sky fibre where the phone is connected to the hub

Unfortunately 'standard' Openreach FTTP does not include 'Voice Re-injection Installation' which is what is required to enable wired extensions, and ISPs typically don't offer their subscribers the option of a 'premium' FTTP install.

https://www.openreach.co.uk/cpportal/products/fibre-broadband/installation-options  

For SOGEA FTTC / ADSL / G.fast there's supposed to be a version of the faceplate for an Openreach NTE5c specifically for this purpose, but I'm not sure anyone has actually ever seen it...

VRI Faceplate 1.png

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion