Discussion topic: Missed bill payment TV and talk broadband

This message was authored by Sum1here This message was authored by: Sum1here

Missed bill payment TV and talk broadband

Hi there I pay my sky bill buy direct debit on the 4th of every month  I have no mobile credit to call customer service and I am trying to get my bill extension till the next payment date the 4th of April and that way I pay double the bill one payment from the 4th march 2023 and then the payment in April also hope to here from some one soon we are having trouble with money at the moment dew to the gas and electric prices riseing we are finding it difficult to keep upto date with some of our bills we apologize for any inconvenience caused by our missed payment 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Missed bill payment TV and talk broadband

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky do not do promises to pay like this so what will happen is that they will try again 10 days later after the first attempt fails, when that happens if fails again then you might find your services are suspended until you pay this bill in full and setup the direct debit again. When you do pay it if at this time you are more than 2 weeks late in doing so you would also need to pay the next bill as well before your services are restored.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Sum1here
Topic Author
This message was authored by Sum1here This message was authored by: Sum1here

• So as a gold sky member I am not accepted to pay my bill double on the next payment date this is disgraceful and Unacceptable I have been a valued customer for 3 years I have only missed a few payment and the last time I missed my bill got extended till the next payment date I am now going to have to talk to my partner as I am not happy and am going to be thinking of switching my TV phone and broadband to a supplier who will help and support there customers in these hard times in fact I am going to cancel my sky subscription I am upset with all of this out come and lack of help with paying my bill when I know I am going to miss the second payment dew to no funds being put into bank as my benefits have been sanctioned till the following month witch is April 
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Your expectations are unrealistic. Sky don't provide essential services such as electricity, gas and water and have no reason or duty to accept late payment. It's solely at their discretion.

They might agree to help you, but there's no guarantee and you would need to contact them directly to ask. Your VIP status has no bearing on it.

By all means see if you can find amother provider who will guarantee to allow you to pay late.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Sum1here wrote:
  • So as a gold sky member I am not accepted to pay my bill double on the next payment date this is disgraceful and Unacceptable I have been a valued customer for 3 years

Your VIP status has nothing whatsoever to do with any billing issues. These rules are applied equally so it matters nothing that you have been a customer for 3 years or like myself just short of 30 as they apply to everyone regardless of what their situation is.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Sum1here wrote:
  • So as a gold sky member I am not accepted to pay my bill double on the next payment date this is disgraceful and Unacceptable 

@Sum1here 

When you signed up you agreed to pay your bills on time. Sky are only requesting what you owe them. 

@Sum1here wrote:
  • I have only missed a few payment

If you've missed previous payments you've been very fortunate with the lenient action Sky have taken on those occasions. 

@Sum1here wrote:
  • in fact I am going to cancel my sky subscription 

You won't be able to cancel whilst in arrears and if you're still in a discounted term I'm afraid you won't be able to cancel without the possibility of incurring early termination fees. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Melancholic This message was authored by: Melancholic

@Sum1here wrote:
  • So as a gold sky member I am not accepted to pay my bill double on the next payment date this is disgraceful and Unacceptable I have been a valued customer for 3 years I have only missed a few payment and the last time I missed my bill got extended till the next payment date I am now going to have to talk to my partner as I am not happy and am going to be thinking of switching my TV phone and broadband to a supplier who will help and support there customers in these hard times in fact I am going to cancel my sky subscription I am upset with all of this out come and lack of help with paying my bill when I know I am going to miss the second payment dew to no funds being put into bank as my benefits have been sanctioned till the following month witch is April 

Firstly, you bemoan the lack of support given your "gold" status, but then say you have already missed payments in the past. Whether Sky have helped previoulsy is irrelevant, as Sky TV is not classed as an essential service and rather a luxury. 

Times are tough for everybody at the moment, but Sky can't be held responsible for an individual's financial management.

———————————————————————————

If I’ve helped today, give me a like.

Sky Stream and whole home.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion