Discussion topic: Message stating payment due

This message was authored by Lifeguard746 This message was authored by: Lifeguard746

Message stating payment due

Hi I have sky stream 2 pucks I am 11 pounds in credit and today I received a email and texted saying I need to pay my bill so why does sky send out email for payments when payments have been made and am in credit 

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Message stating payment due

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lifeguard746 are you sure they are genuinely from sky 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Lifeguard746 

What does your online account say regarding this bill, does it show it as being paid or that it is still outstanding:

https://www.sky.com/manage/bill/

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Lifeguard746
Topic Author
This message was authored by Lifeguard746 This message was authored by: Lifeguard746

Hi yes I received a text and a email and I can spot fake and phishing emails as I am a coordinater for the neighbourhood watch police 

Lifeguard746
Topic Author

Hi many thanks for your reply 

Screenshot_20230707-201246.png

Can you post an image of your actual bill, but blank out things like accounts numbers and names as that is just showing the manual and credit card payments.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Lifeguard746
Topic Author

Hi I have posted a screenshot of the bill and credit and payment without any numbers showing 

Simon 

Lifeguard746
Topic Author

Hi if this is a phishing text then it's a good one as there not links to click on and it's come though to the right number on my account 

PXL_20230707_191740334.jpg

@Lifeguard746 wrote:

Hi I have posted a screenshot of the bill and credit and payment without any numbers showing 

Simon 

We need to see the rest of the bill from here:

https://www.sky.com/manage/bill/

Lifeguard746
Topic Author

Hi again many thanks for your response I have download a Pdf 

@Lifeguard746 wrote:

Hi I have sky stream 2 pucks I am 11 pounds in credit and today I received a email and texted saying I need to pay my bill so why does sky send out email for payments when payments have been made and am in credit 

Screenshot_20230707-203231.png

Lifeguard746
Topic Author

Hi when you gave me the link to view my bill it comes up with this 

But w jwn I go on to the bill myself it's got what the screenshots above smstated. 

So unless sky are very very slow at updating there systems 

Screenshot_20230707-203420.png

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Lifeguard746 it looks like this has happened because your manual payments were made too close to your normal payment date to stop the monthly payment being attempted. Your manual payments will remain as a credit against your next bill, leaving your current bill unpaid. As the message suggests, Sky will try to take payment again in around 10 days time,  

Lifeguard746
Topic Author

Hi I pay by continues credit card or debit card so the bill of 11 pounds came out when the bill was due and it debited my card as it would do when payment is die and they take it out my debit card.. As not set up DD uet but it came up bill not paid the other day so I paid the 11 00 pounds again so it's been paid and am in credit btlyn11 pounds as I have all. My services still active so what ever they try to take out in 10 days will be the 11.00 pounds that's been paid twice.

Tbh as long as am in credit am not to fused 

Thank you very much for your reply 

Was the 4th July a payment you made or one that Sky will have taken themselves ?

Lifeguard746
Topic Author

Hi sky had taken payment themselves and I logged in and the system must not of updated so it said I owed 11 pounds so I paid a Ad Hok payment of 11 pounds so it says on the app under bills. 

I am in credit by 11 pounds 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion