Discussion topic: Sky Sports F1 Sound Fault

This message was authored by Marky2 This message was authored by: Marky2

Sky Sports F1 Sound Fault

Hello

Since mid-2021, I have experienced a sound fault on Sky Sports F1 (but strangely no other Sky Sports channel).

At the start of SSF1 channel idents, and first commercial on a commercial break, the audio changes from stereo to mono after 1 second. Sometimes the second commercial onwards goes stereo to mono (also after 1 second) but usually stays mono. When the programme returns (can be live or pre-recorded programme) the sound stays mono.

The same commercial, Sky promotion etc will be stereo throughout when shown on, for example Premier League or Action but always stereo/mono on F1.

The sound was mono throughout, on the Hamilton & Verstappen documentary yesterday (but surely would have been produced in stereo).

I currently have a SKY+HD 2TB box but this fault has happened with 2 other SKY+HD boxes. I have replaced the HDMI cable, tried each box with 2 different TVs, rebuilt the planner several times on all boxes but still this fault remains. On all 3 boxes the sound set to stereo on the menu screen. 

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated, especially as the first race weekend of the new season is in a fortnight.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion