Discussion topic: Stream randomly shutting down

This message was authored by Citrax This message was authored by: Citrax

Stream randomly shutting down

Hi all

I was caught up in the screen freezing as many of us were.  I was one of the first to get the software update, so that was sorted.

Now I have a new issue.

The puck randomly shuts down without warning.  There's no specific thing that seems to cause it.  I've had it happen on streaming services and live TV.  In and amongst this I'm getting the channel loading message but after 20 or so seconds it either reboots it self or the channel restarts. This also happens on both streaming and live TV services.

Anyone else having these issues before I phone customer support and cancel this rubbish completely.

All Replies

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Re: Stream randomly shutting down

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Ajit12 This message was authored by: Ajit12

I've just had the same issue while watching live tv or using the Discovery Plus app to watch live tennis 

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for chatting to us Citrax. Unfortunately, there was no further response on the chat in 48 hours, we are still waiting to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your chat has been closed now. Thanks

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
Citrax
Topic Author
This message was authored by Citrax This message was authored by: Citrax

Hi,  there's nothing further to add,because your colleague asked me to monitor the situation over the next few days.  I have discovered an issue with my broadband which BT are sending me a new router.  I'm hoping that will solve both issues.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion