Discussion topic: New sky customer left without broadband with no resolution in sight

This message was authored by Fernr92 This message was authored by: Fernr92

New sky customer left without broadband with no resolution in sight

I am a new customer, ordered my services on 11th August, sky glass & TV activated on 13th August. Its now 11th September and i have no broadband with no installation date in sight.  Sky engineer visit to install broadband was booked for 6th September but noone turned up or even bothered to let me know  noone was coming. Now noone at sky can help and I'm just being told open reach can't send an engineer out and sky basically have no idea how long it will be until they do. My virgin service has now been deactived so i am left without broadband, unable to use my sky glass tv and unable to work from home with no one able to give me a date for my services to be switched on. Absolutely appealing service from sky, regretting the move from virgin already.  

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: New sky customer left without broadband with no resolution in sight

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Fernr92 

Unfortunately moves from Virgin to an Openreach-based ISP can be the most likely to encounter problems because it's far from unknown for properties historically connected to the private Virgin coaxial cable network to have no Openreach connectivity at all (either fallen into disrepair or actually removed by current or previous inhabitants).  It's also a problem that Virgin is currently outside the Ofcom-mandated 'one-stop' switch system, although this is due to change next year.

Although it's too late to help you, best advice is always to keep the Virgin service going, even if this is at increased cost, until the Openreach connection is known to be functional, or to order service from the alternative ISP well before the Virgin contract is due to end.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion