Discussion topic: Ethernet ports not working on Sky Router

This message was authored by Michael63849588 This message was authored by: Michael63849588

Re: Ethernet ports not working on Sky Router

Hi 

just to let you know - I just replaced my Ethernet cable and everything is now perfect 

The old Ethernet cable was good but just not good enough. 

I purchased one for £7.99 from Amazon 

Hopefully you get yours sorted 

Michael

This message was authored by Dd263 This message was authored by: Dd263

I'm having the same issue now did anybody solve it ? 

This message was authored by Michael63849588 This message was authored by: Michael63849588

See my previous reply 

I upgraded my Ethernet cable, now works perfect 

This message was authored by HPerkins This message was authored by: HPerkins

Hi did you get this resolved ?

I've just switched form Bt router to sky router and WiFi is running and connected with my old  BT whole home discs, all fine except entire house of networked cables Ethernet wired internet has stopped working... can't be wires as was working fine before . TP link switch attached to sky router to extend number of ports is showing data light fine, but all cables attached to the switch for house wired ports are not lit up. Thought about firewall but that's set to low.. any other suggestions?  Thanks 

This message was authored by Jakec1996 This message was authored by: Jakec1996

Following 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@HPerkins test a connection directly to the hub bypassing your switch if that works you know the issue is the switch. Ethernet cables do break so you can't rule that out unless you have tested them.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by HPerkins This message was authored by: HPerkins

In case this helps anyone: I got it working by putting a splitter into the main BT open reach socket to supply my home network/Lutron system requires an RJ11 connection that I thought was a surplus wire, (and this doesn't work coming out of the Sky router using an adsl switch inserted into a network RJ45  connection port or using a splitter on the router RJ11). So the splitter is connected to the open reach main socket and now feeds both the home network supply and the sky router. The wired rack for networked numbered ports is linked to my tp switch using around 15 connectors, which is connected to my router. No idea why I need that extra RJ11 that I thought was surplus.  It's all working but speed may now be an issue. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion