Discussion topic: Friction when downgrading

This message was authored by MadeUpNameX This message was authored by: MadeUpNameX

Friction when downgrading

I understand the business thinking behind making it easy to upgrade and harder to downgrade. However, the current state of Sky's website seems to make visits to the downgrade page impossible today. I've screen captured several minutes of unresponsive blank screen when approaching it both through the MySky app and the website directly. All I needed was the current customer services phone number!

What do people do instead? Google it! Try this and you may notice several numbers posted by other companies paying Google to impersonate Sky and intercept customers in this situation. 

So, whether Sky's online unresponsiveness is normal, deliberate or not, it's potentially dangerous to customers. 

This very much lowers my trust in a company I'm otherwise quite happy with, so it actually doesn't seem to be good business sense after all. 

I know the mods here aren't Sky staff and have no way to change this policy, but as this is a community forum, I wonder if others in the community feel similarly? And do you think you'd be more or less likely to try premium services for a while if it were less hassle to turn them on and off?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Friction when downgrading

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

There are a few ways to contact Sky about this including using a messaging service as you can see via the Contact Us button under Downgrade here:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/change-your-package-2

You can also call Sky on the free 150 number if you have a Sky sim or Sky Talk landline phone.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
MadeUpNameX
Topic Author
This message was authored by MadeUpNameX This message was authored by: MadeUpNameX

Thanks! I was aware of the online option. As I mentioned, it seems unresponsive at the moment. I've tried on different devices and browsers, and "Contact us" under "Downgrading" either goes to a blank page or simply refreshes the page. It's broken right now.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MadeUpNameX 

Try this link (I also had the other one just refresh).

https://www.sky.com/help/home
UK: Scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0333 number.
ROI: change the flag in the bottom right corner of the link to the ROI flag then scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0818 number.
(The forum doesn’t allow us to type the numbers in full).

Be aware that as with most large companies nowadays the start will be automated and these automated responses may try to send you back to the forum.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
MadeUpNameX
Topic Author

Thanks for checking and verifying the link problem, and for the hint about where the phone number was hiding (literally, at the bottom, under every more prominent relevant looking option, invisible until clicking some other text). I think this must have been the number Google also found and served up in the one link which seemed trustworthy when searching. Good luck to everyone else who's looking!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion