Discussion topic: Not able to receive security code when converting sim to esim

This message was authored by LP6 This message was authored by: LP6

Not able to receive security code when converting sim to esim

Hi, 

I have been trying for days to convert sim to esim, each time I try to get the security code,  the message below is displayed.  Already asked over the phone with sky Cs and code was not received, either.

Suggestion was to send new sim card. Sim card received and replaced but the issue remains.

Can someone please help? 

Thanks

1000004324.jpg

All Replies

This message was authored by BWFCHOLTY This message was authored by: BWFCHOLTY

Re: Not able to receive security code when converting sim to esim

Same issue ! Converted to esim and phone signal gone off ! Can't get a code as my number is dead !!

can't speak to anyone

got email code and that doesn't work 

really brassed off, wish I hadn't bothered 

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @LP6  and @BWFCHOLTY  to try and get you some help I have escalated your post to sky so look out for a coloured speech bubble on here inviting you to a private chat. 

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent both invites to chat.

LP6
Topic Author
This message was authored by LP6 This message was authored by: LP6

Hello,

Still have the same issue.

After contacting sky team, the technical team phoned me saying there was a network issue but it would be resolved by the 27th of March. Still, nothing happened and having the same issue. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LP6 

To see if they can help you again or at least put the Technical Team back in touch I’ve re-escalated your post to Sky and the Messaging Team should contact you later today. 

You need to watch out for a post from one of the team inviting you to a private chat and then you should see a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. You’ll have 48 hours to click on it and start the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to a chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread fairly regularly.

This link explains what happens.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to @LP6 to chat.

This message was authored by Dmet This message was authored by: Dmet

Esim Conversion Progress -> same issue, awaiting a third callback.  Timeline to fix is now Friday or I have to move to another provider. 

8 Calls,  9 Reps,  2 no call-backs, 1 hang-up,    4 days waiting.   7.5+hours of phone time.

Replaced Sim 4 times in account, 

7 confirmation codes received via text with rep. 

2 links sent about install, went to blank screen on their website 

9 x Converted to E-sim  with no activations code sent, every request to convert came with error 'Sending Failed'

9x 'Activate replacement Sim', no Esim option is available

A) Sunday - new phone back in UK (Iphone 15 Pro - does not support physical sim card, its Esim only),  made an appt to go into store to sort it on Monday am as I didnt have number to use

B) Store was useless, didnt even know about Esims - called and they told me I needed to buy a 'burner' phone so I could use my physical sim to get the code to active the Esim 
***Noted should not be offering Esim's until you can activate via email.  needing people to have 2 phones to activate is not a service. 

C) phoned up Monday when I got my hands on a phone,  went through all the activation, and then told to wait 24 hours 

D) Weds - waited 30 hours - no email.  Called back up and spoke to gentlemen saying that I was still noted as being on a physical SIM.  I re-explained the situation,  he send more codes to the 'burner phone' 

E)  Weds afternoon - no email received after a few hours.  Call back - call cut off the man couldn't hear me.  because I have issues with the physical sim card and don't get consistent service. 

F)   + 2hours, no email,  Called back - Spoke to a further support. She ran me thourgh (now 3rd time) to install esim but there is nowhere to 'installl the Esim'.  The link page redirects me back to the 'Manage SIM' page giving me below,  we clicked again on 'convert to Esim' and this failed (wouldnt send code to phone)
        Replace my Sim,  Convert to Esim,  Activate replacement SIM card

->> She put me on hold and then someone else picked up completely new so basically she just dropped off and transferred me to someone new.  

G)  the new gentlemen didn't know any details and took me through his support system option.  He had to note this all on the account and them raise a ticket to their support team to manually install the Esim.   They should get back to me in 4 hours.  

...at this point I am looking into changing providers (mobile, internet and tv)  as I just cannot be bothered any longer.  

in latest update - last round never called me back after 4 hour so I called back in. 

H)  (Guldan)  I re-explained the situation again to new man (Guldan),  he can see the ticket that was escalated.  He had me re-install the Sky mobile app on my iphone and open to 'Manage Sim' page,  this took significant time to load.  While this was loading he had me read him the serial number off my route - I am now nervous that they will mess something up with my Broadband which I require as I work from home in a very demanding position.    Not having internet would mean having to work elsewhere until resolved. 

He noted that he will send me a replacement Esim, and then we will convert it, send the activation code, and the install it.  I am just praying at this point that the signal doesn't cut out/he pushes me to someone else - this is now turning into a blog. 

now we are troubleshooting why I cant get a regular sim card barcode to activate, and then use that to 'convert to Esim' again...  however this is also not working, the barcode link simply takes me to a SKY website page with a spinning blue circle...

That has not worked either.. we are now 54 mins into the call.  He noted that he needs to call me back in one hour.  

I will wait

I)  2 hours later - no call back.   

K)  (Arron) Call into SKY and explained the situation, he apologised at length and assured we can get this resolved on the call.  Have I tried everything.  He asked if i had tried to remove the SIM card on phone and if it still worked....
NO.  The phone that I need the Esim on is not the one that has a physical sim card... the old phone I borrowed is the one that has the sim card in it.  If I remove the sim card from the old phone, and the Esim works. it is installed on the wrong phone

***Defeats purpose of needing an Esim ->  if I had a phone with physical SIM I wouldn't have bothered changing over to an Esim

He noted that for reprocessing the Esim order,  this confirmation code notes dont disclose this unless you have requested to leave Sky mobile 

I noted that I want to make sure this isn't a new line, or a cancel as that is not what is needed here.  he came back on and we went through a further manage sim and we 

-> went through the process to convert sim gain (9th attempt) - sending failed.

-> went though the process again to 'activate replacement sim' (9th time) - no Esim option

Things then got heated when he tried to 'clarify' the process as needing to always insert your sim card into the phone in order to activate Esim.  To which I explained the newer phones do NOT support physical Sim cards... he was adamant that this was not true, I asked him to look up the spec. of the phone... he then realised it is true and apologised.  

-> If I could use the physical sim in this phone why would I have gone through all of the above?  Why would that make any sense?  The phone only supports Esim.

Going forward he will do a replacement for the Esim,  He will fill out the from me me for them to get this resolved. 

->   they will call me back as well tomorrow.  I have told them this needs to be resolved on Friday or I will move providers and am ready to. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion