Discussion topic: Sky Go iPad can’t delete failed downloads

This message was authored by Kpot This message was authored by: Kpot

Re: Sky Go iPad can’t delete failed downloads

This is happening to me at the moment. It's very annoying. A glitch that needs fixing sky. Not had this happen before recently. Now keeps happening. Surely an uninstall can't be the only fix as it's going to keep happening unless they fix the core problem. 

9370E5DC-C327-43B0-B8D2-F147B3D29A14.jpeg

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for highlighting this problem.

We have passed the information to our support teams to investigate the problem further.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by Kirsty+S27 This message was authored by: Kirsty+S27

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Can you answerthe below so we can provide this information to the Support Teams:

Do you background the app after initiating the download (i.e. minimising the app on your device)?

When you close the app and relaunch it, does this resolve the issue?

For those who had uninstalled the app and then re-installed it, do the downloads remain?

Thank you. 

Kirsty

Community Manager
This message was authored by Acegolfer This message was authored by: Acegolfer

Closing and reopening the App did not work - tried several times.

Deleting the App did work but very frustrating to lose all the other downloaded programmes.

I don't think i backgrounded the app whilst i downloaded it. I definitely tried to close and re-open the app several times and that didn't work. Tried to turn the ipad off and on and i did a software update. The only thing that got rid of them was uninstalling the app and re-installing the app, which obviously lost all my other downloads. This fixed it, but if it happens again i don't want to keep having to do that. Seems to have only happened with that programme so far. 'The Conners'. We'll see what happens next. First time it's happened to me.

This message was authored by Cdiddy This message was authored by: Cdiddy

I have had the same problem with iphone. Deleting the app and reinstalling it did remove all downloads but I've been left with a different problem.

Some of the previous downloaded shows now have only a down arrow (for download) on them, with no option to stream. When I click on download, download to iPhone is no longer an option. This is only happening to the shows I had the download problem with. 

This message was authored by Cdiddy This message was authored by: Cdiddy

IMG_1265.png

This message was authored by Alison+fi This message was authored by: Alison+fi

I also have this issue - there is no option to play or continue to download again or retry they just sit there

i beleive it is when for whatever reason the internet fails - but there must be a way to delete them 

thanks 

This message was authored by sadfhgakjh This message was authored by: sadfhgakjh

I've recently encountered this issue on both iPad and iPhone (latest iOS on both). I agree that deleting and reinstalling the app is a great waste of time so what's the practical solution SKY?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion