Discussion topic: poor internet performance

This message was authored by Nikolaj. This message was authored by: Nikolaj.

poor internet performance

Why does my internet work worse every week??I pay money every month. And on weekends. When I need to rest, I can’t watch a movie.Why such a lousy attitude towards customers? do not get through to the operator. there is no chat. handle your problems and clients very well.I pay money and you do not provide services!!

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: poor internet performance

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Nikolaj.   Please can you post your router stats so the forum can advise on any issues. This link explains how to do that https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717#

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Nikolaj.
Topic Author

Opera Снимок_2023-04-10_193347_192.168.0.1.png

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Nikolaj.  Those are not your router stats, please follow the guide to very end.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Nikolaj.
Topic Author

Opera Снимок_2023-04-11_014227_192.168.0.1.png

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Nikolaj. 

Again those weren't the hub stats however the speeds are just short of 80Mbps down and 20Mbps up . Thats the fastest speed you'll get on a fttc superfast line

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by TechmanagerMal This message was authored by: TechmanagerMal

@Nikolaj. wrote:

Why does my internet work worse every week??I pay money every month. And on weekends. When I need to rest, I can’t watch a movie.Why such a lousy attitude towards customers? do not get through to the operator. there is no chat. handle your problems and clients very well.I pay money and you do not provide services!!

Try the checker - here - Service Checker | Sky.com if there is an issue it may order an engineer visit or provide further advice.

Passing on the tips I have learned in over 24 years as a more than satisfied Sky customer.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Nikolaj. Sky only guarantee speeds to your Sky hub and something we see frequently is that speeds in the home are far lower which is frequently down to poor wifi signals. Wifi speeds are affected by the layout and type of construction in your home and increasingly by the level of inteference from your neighbours networks and in some cases your own kit. 

Streaming video should be easily possible on a 80Mb/s connection as in UHD it only requires roughly 20Mb/s but if there is interference that will cause iissues. Many people find that the free routers like Sky's hubs are not up to the job so buy third party kit to improve their networks. Before spending money there are things you can try starting here 

Sky Help - Slow wifi

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Nikolaj.
Topic Author

not work Opera Снимок_2023-04-11_094845_www.sky.com.png

Nikolaj.
Topic Author

i noticed.how friday comes.until monday internet speed always drops.this time it dropped to 20mb.sec.i pay for 70mb!! it happens every weekend!! I’m already advised to quit. And switch to BT. I have zone 3 as I understand it.
I also noticed when Sky offers a booster and you refuse it. the Internet speed is noticeably lowered by the operator himself !!)) we all see)) A booster will not help me if there is no speed. And I don't want to pay extra money. so sky punishes his clients)) it's a shame that you can't spend your weekends at the computer. watch the news. movies. It's Monday. Everything worked. The speed is 67mb. But it's already scary to wait for the weekend. Because I know that there will be problems again.and the main problem. that you can’t get through to any sky agent. or they don’t take the phone under the pretext that it’s busy. or the autobot works. with which there’s nothing to talk to at all.here is my speed now. on the weekend 20-21 it was!!Opera Снимок_2023-04-10_203652_fast.com.png

Nikolaj.
Topic Author

well, the question then is why does this speed drop noticeably from Friday to Monday ?? I pay for the fact that the server cannot cope with the number of people (online)

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Nikolaj. wrote:

I pay for the fact that the server cannot cope with the number of people (online)

That's not 'a server' thing, but it's certainly conceivable the Openreach network distribution local to your address is overloaded at weekends.  Unfortunately if this is the case then moving to use BT as an ISP may make no difference: they aren't permitted to derive any competitive advantage from still owning Openreach.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@Nikolaj. 

I've seen several households migrate to BT when they've been experiencing congestion and packet loss with Sky and the issues have been solved when moving ISP.

-------

Zen internet on FTTP (900Mbps down, 100Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
Nikolaj.
Topic Author

I've been in sky for 4 years. But lately I'm not at all satisfied. why do we feel their problems. we pay for it. and remain ignorant.this is really starting to get me. Like many probably.

Nikolaj.
Topic Author

this is on condition that I live in the city and not in the district. I know that BT will work for some time and problems will begin. so I got into sky after TalkTalk. There, no one reacted to requests at all. The agents with whom you are talking are thrown to others. you begin to explain the problem in a new way. and so the whole day. I switched off for a long time.
only for this you can sue. but left them. just their reputation in my eyes is now 0

you are right about the districts. but everything was always good. in recent months, problems began. and now it was good. it became very bad, why ??I only use sky in the house. neighbors who are on something. but not sky. so what is destroying the Internet supply to my house now. only hacks based on sky. repair work. or the server stopped working. they want that byf and paid for boosters. only a booster will not help me with such an Internet. am i not right..

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion