Discussion topic: SKY Siro broadband LOS flashing light

This message was authored by Paul+O This message was authored by: Paul+O

SKY Siro broadband LOS flashing light

Got SKY Fibre Broadband installed on Thursday and stopped working this morning,  rang SKY and they blamed SIRO and said it would take a week to get an engineer to visit.  Shamefull service for a customer of 20+ years.

Has anyone had a similar experience? 

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: SKY Siro broadband LOS flashing light

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Paul+O 

Its not shameful though is it. If there is a problem with the line then only SIRO are allowed to touch it and fix it. This is the case will all ISPs that use Openreach/SIRO and unfortunately the situation wont improve until Openreach/SIRO can onboard more fibre trained staff to cope with the demand. Sky can't do anything more to help your situation.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Paul+O 

I'd suggest the clue is in your title: FTTP (and FTTC) in Eire runs over SIRO/Eircom infrastructure which Sky, like other ISPs, has no choice but to use.  In the UK we suffer from a similar legacy monopoly held by Openreach.

Particularly with the SIRO optical network being deployed over ESB poles and ducts and entering properties next to the consumer meter (which doesn't happen over here) there's the additional complication of installers being required to undergo training and certification to work safely alongside mains power distribution equipment and cabling.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TechmanagerMal This message was authored by: TechmanagerMal

@Paul+O 

Have you tried rebooting the ONT and then the Router?

Passing on the tips I have learned in over 24 years as a more than satisfied Sky customer.

Paul+O
Topic Author
This message was authored by Paul+O This message was authored by: Paul+O

We'll agree to differ on this.  I think if you're a new customer and it stops working after 3 days, surely your appointment should be expedited instead of getting in the queue for a fix for a week.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion